Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow!

Sue R

Dear Jenny and Mundia

What a fantastic article - and it makes me realise just how much we have unlearnt over the years and how much we have to learn again. Communities are in some areas are falling apart. How lovely it would be to have lots of "nieces and nephews", "aunties and uncles" around to keep an eye on what is happening. There is some really useful advice in helping us understand some of the issues we may face, so thank you both for the lovely piece - look forward to the next installment.

Nikki

Another echo of congratulations from me.

It doesn't matter how many text books we read or manuals we collect, real learning comes from first hand experience and from listening to people who are kind enough to share that experience.

Thank you to you both for sharing your experiences - I can't wait for the next installment.

:o Jane xD

• 3 weeks later...

Again, WOW, and thank you Jenny and Mundia. I know there must be problems in the lives of the villagers but it sounds so simple, stress free and chilled. How lovely to be able to let your child explore and play without the pressures we in the West bunden them with. What a wonderful society that can allow children to play without fear of abduction, weirdos and traffic. Again I know it cant be perfect but it sure beats having to worry everytime your children leave the house. The idea of teaching them skills that they need rather than what we think they need is where our educational system falls down, why I was ever made to do PE and French is beyond me

We really dont understand other cultures in the way they deserve to be understood. Yes we make the effort to celebrate festivals but I've been guilty of getting the children to make a candle holder for Diwali. Makes me want to travel the world. :D

I have just read part 2 and have to say, it was just as brilliant as the first!! However, I think I'd quite enjoy seeing my children kneeling before me....but as they are 23 and 25, I don't think it very likely!

Sorry, that sounded a bit facetious, I really don't wish to detract from a really interesting article :D

Sue :D:D

• 3 months later...

The articles are really great and so relevant to my school as we have lots of African children. Is there any chance I could print some copies for my colleagues to read? I know it's a members' article so I obviously won't without permission. Thanks for writing them...

Hi Horsechestnut -

Glad you enjoyed them as much as I did! We're happy for you to print copies out for your colleagues, although obviously (our large legal department asks me to add!) that should not be taken as general permission for anyone to reproduce and re-distribute as they wish... :o

Best wishes,

Steve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)