Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help needed with data!

Hi All,

I have been asked to create a 1 page document showing our Nursery On Entry data from 2003 - 2012. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Ideas for formats / tables etc will be greatly welcomed.

I am not a data person, I am really struggling and don't know where to start! The information is to show that year on year our children are coming to us at a lower starting point, so the progress that they make year on year is improving. If that makes sense.

Thank you so much, all comments/help will greatly appreciated.

Who has asked you for this data, and do you have a record going back that far! My first thought is that as the foundation stage learning development matters goals statements - call them what they will - have changed so much over that time period, it would be nigh on impossible to try to collate from scratch.

That type of on entry record isn't retained by me, it goes into the child's learning file and the only data I keep on development matters statements is the start of final year, mid-year and leaving.

Edited to remove iPad tricks!

Edited by Cait

Hi Both,

The information is held by our school, so that's okay. The Deputy requires this information to show that year on year the children are entering Nursery at lower Developmental Age Bands.So year on year they are actually making very good progress.

My problem is I don't know how to show these figures on one page - if that makes sense!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)