Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gauze swabs

Okay so our supplier has decided to discontinue the sterile gauze swabs we purchase normally. These have always come in packs of five with twenty packs in a box. These have now been replaced with a hundred in one pack, so immediately opened are not sterile. Any suggestions wise ones.

Yes that's right but that is the smallest amount you can get in a pack. What do others use just out of interest.

We very rarely have need for them to be honest.

Maybe that why this is in the 'gardener corner' :D ::1a We haven't got a designated outdoor area-so I think most of our 'injuries' are more controlled (if you know what I mean- not many falling of bike at speed etc)

we were advised that if a small graze to use clean gauze or tissue - it did not have to be streile although hands should be clean and in gloves and the dressing applied should be strerile ie plaster or gauze and micropore - you could always use cooled boiled water or non alcohol antiseptic wipes as these are supplied singularly

no but then many of the first aid kits have many items that are not suitable for use in pediatric first aid either - as long as they contain no alcohol and were not used on where oral ingestion could happen - I use them at home in my own first aid kit but otherwise have clean gauze swabs for cleaning but not dressing wounds - I have noticed that there always seems to be conflicting info on everything !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)