Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

spiral binders?

narnia

I would like to buy a spiral binder, but have a very tight budget at the moment.......any one know a good brand and where to buy one?? Just think it would make documents etc look more 'polished' than stapling or plastic wallets etc. I just know some one will rise to the challenge!

I have had two, but I like the one I have now much better, although it was pricier. The previous one only did half the holes then you moved the paper and punched again. Try browsing staples or Viking and looking at what they have. It really depends how often you are going to use it too, as to whether you get a bigger beast or not!

Just looked at staples and they have a binding machine for £33

Edited by Cait

I use a clickbinder, which is like a large multiple hole punch and then you fix the plastic binding strip and click the 2 halves together. These can be easily cut to size and re used

We had a budget one... but it was more trouble than it was worth took ages putting the combs on, worth waiting and getting a decent one . I had a head binder but found it cheap in cash and carry.. under a tenner, the cost went on the covers, but bought them in bulk from Viking so worked out 10 each... probably not around now, I still use mine but not as often now I don't work...

Have you checked costs of getting it done in somewhere like staples, that is what we did as the bigger things could be bound ...was cost effective for only doing a few items..

Hmm, food for thought.............thought its a spiral binder I'm after, rather than a comb binder. It looks a lot neater; most times I have been given items with comb binding, I found they come adrift after a short while. ...........ah well, the hunt continues ^_^

Hmm, food for thought.............thought its a spiral binder I'm after, rather than a comb binder. It looks a lot neater; most times I have been given items with comb binding, I found they come adrift after a short while. ...........ah well, the hunt continues ^_^

Ah right........now then what's a 'spiral binder' - mine is def a 'comb binder'............off for a quick 'google'! :1b

The click binder is very neat, my little sister has one. It looks like a spiral but has the benefit that you can open it up to add or remove pages.

Have you tried the obvious amazon and eBay?

The click binder is very neat, my little sister has one. It looks like a spiral but has the benefit that you can open it up to add or remove pages.

Have you tried the obvious amazon and eBay?

That sounds interesting...........where are we now though with having things like accident record etc. bound so that pages can't be removed? Mind you thinking about you could so easily open up a comb and remove a page :blink:

I suppose numbering the pages would work?

No, this is for children's stuff................accident book are bound, so pages cannot be removed, except for the parents copy ofcourse. Yes, been scouring ebay and amazon, and general office suppliers includning the consortium..........have found some, but at the £400++++ scale!!

We file accident and incident records in the filing cabinet with the children's registration documents. O were happy with that But we will see what happens next time, it could all be different!