Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Salt-free playdough

I thought salt was the preservative.

It is!

Can't imagine that a salt-free mix will keep fresh for long..........mind you my lovely new batch that I put out this morning has been coughed and sneezed over :( so maybe not a good idea to keep for too long anyway! :1b

• Like 3

Hi - thanks Susan, yep I think salt does help it to keep, I don't mind if it doesn't keep to long, will just have to make more often - lol! ^_^ I was going to try making my usual cooked dough but just leave out the salt. Don't know if I should just leave it out or whether should add extra flour??

Hi - thanks Susan, yep I think salt does help it to keep, I don't mind if it doesn't keep to long, will just have to make more often - lol! ^_^ I was going to try making my usual cooked dough but just leave out the salt. Don't know if I should just leave it out or whether should add extra flour??

I think you would need to add extra flour :1b

Thanks Sunnyday - will go and have an experiment! Haven't started making tea yet, so am looking forward to seeing family's faces when they come in, look expectantly into the pan and see my vat of green bubbling goo, tee hee. (May probably taste better than my cooking to be fair!)

• Like 2

It is!

Can't imagine that a salt-free mix will keep fresh for long..........mind you my lovely new batch that I put out this morning has been coughed and sneezed over :( so maybe not a good idea to keep for too long anyway! :1b

Was it green to start with?
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)