Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playhouse?

narnia

oyr wooden play house has been in situ forever and stood the test of time - I bought my daughters one 15 years ago from argos and it lasted too for many years - do you have a local firm that do sheds , outdoor lodges etc as you can see what you get before you commit - sorry thats all i can advise-

Just looking at the one TTS sells.............does anyone have this, and if so, was it value for money ( it's £1,000)...........but now i'm searching the internet and finding things like Yurts and glamping pods, much too expensive for my pocket, but oh! to have something like that!!

Edited by narnia

Ha...............get this: my son is a carpenter by trade!! Getting him to make anything for me, however is a nightmare, he's just too busy!

This is what I do (I have one at home too!)

I buy a pretty decent 'flatpack' object - then start to put together myself when they're around.......... they then come over all 'manly' and take-over.............. however they then start adding more screws/glues/and godness knows what - and you end up with something nice and strong. :D

• Like 1

My problem right now though...........son is on waiting list for major spinal surgery, which will see him off work for anything up to 12 months,so I can't ask him to do any work at all as he is in constant pain. Would ask hubby, but that would ( honestly!) mean a badly botched play house that I would sneakily have to replace immediately!! Love him though I do, he isn't a handyman.

The house isn't urgent ( we have the Little Tikes one, I just don't like it very much!) and it will do for a bit longer, but the search has begun...........

we toured local garden centres and shed companies and found lots out there of various sizes and costs, and quality, but did get a very good one for £250 including delivery.. and they gave us the name of a local man who they recommend for putting it togehter,, cost us £40 well spent.. he did it in a couple of hours

• Like 1

My problem right now though...........son is on waiting list for major spinal surgery, which will see him off work for anything up to 12 months,so I can't ask him to do any work at all as he is in constant pain.

Hope your son gets on ok Narnia. I had major spinal surgery 4 years ago due to severe back pain and I am pleased to say I am pain free most of the time now! Hope your son gets the same result! :1b

My problem right now though...........son is on waiting list for major spinal surgery, which will see him off work for anything up to 12 months,so I can't ask him to do any work at all as he is in constant pain.

Hope your son gets on ok Narnia. I had major spinal surgery 4 years ago due to severe back pain and I am pleased to say I am pain free most of the time now! Hope your son gets the same result! :1b

Thanks, we hope so too. He has something called Scheuermann's disease, which apparantly was caused by him growing too fast as a teenager. He has three discs in his spine which have totally collapsed, hence the pain. We had no idea he had any problems until he literally collapsed on the floor one day when he tried to pick his litle boy up. So, just waiting on an admission date and then hopefully he'll be on the mend. good to hear yours went well xx

• Like 1