Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toy Story Theme

We are planning to do toy story theme next week. We will be starting the week looking at the story and out toys we have brought in. Then we will be using junk modelling to make our own buzz light years. Has anyone got any other ideas to extend this topic at all?

I suggest you just let it go where the children want it to go - maybe talk with them about what they want to learn about Toy Story - do a mind map of possible ideas and see what comes out of this - I'm sure you will be surprised at what they come up with. :1b

why not let them make a junk model of any character? or use a media they choose to make their representation, unless you specifically want to teach a skill in junk modelling e.g. using a selotape dispenser etc. x

Depends which Toy Story you are doing, if it is 2 then maybe parents could bring in an old toy which they had used as a child and let the children explore it and ask questions, I still have some of my son's toys, he's 28 now, but we have a few things tucked away in the loft, he liked Ghostbusters and Turtles etc. I still have an old Tressy doll of mine and I'm 56 now, so she must be 45-50 years old. :o

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all your suggestions! I'm going to start off with the junk modelling and see where it takes us! I really like the friendship idea would be good at our setting at the moment. So many of ours are arguing between each other over toys!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)