Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! General phrases in Albanian, Turkish and Bengali

Guest Spiral

Has anyone got a few general phrases for three children we have who speak very little English?

I've tried in vain to download, but the pronounciation is lost on me!

We've asked their parents (all of whom speak good English) and they all replied stating they don't think it'll make a difference to their child.

Has anyone got something stating how the following are pronounced?

Do you feel well?

>

> Do you need the toilet?

>

> Would you like some food?

>

> Would you like a drink?

>

> Are you too hot/cold?

>

> Can you stop please?

>

> Would you come here please?

>

> Can you stop?

>

> Yes

>

> No

>

> My name is.....

>

> Mummy / daddy

>

> Mummy will be back soon

>

> Well done

>

Many thanks to anyone who can help . . even if it's only a couple of bits - everything will be used!

Spiral :-)

Newbury Park language of the month gives examples of basic words and phrases that you hear pronounced. It covers a fair few languages.

http://www.newburypark.redbridge.sch.uk/langofmonth/

You cant really beat getting the parents on board with this, as there are often accents and dialects that have slightly different pronunciations.

Ha ha must say Spiral some of the phrases you need translating did make me laugh - reeks of desperation : )

Have some holiday Turkish to offer.....

No...is Hiyer. said Hiya. useful

Yes.....is evet. said as e for egg... e- vet

Well done.....or Very Good....Chokeeyee......said Chokee ee

Please......Lutfen. said. Lootfen.

Toilet?....Tuvelet. said Too va let

Apologies for very poor spelling if turkish reader and pronunciation...but it gets me by on holiday so hopefully may help : )

You got it Rafa....we've such a high amount of boys this September and many of them use English as an additional language ...thats why I'm asking for help!!! :o

Thank you to you and everyone else....any chance of something similar in Albanian or Bengali from anyone?

Thankyou,

Spiral :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)