Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Halloween

That would very much depend upon your views, or as in our case we rent a hall from a religious organisation and so I would only acknowledge it by doing black cats and pumpkins, not witches and ghosts, we certainly don't make a huge fuss over it, but of course, these days it is very commercial.

• Like 2

Luckily it generally falls in half term so we don't need to worry about it! We also rent our space from Chapel, so don't feel we can cover it either. In the past I have thrown it open to parents to organise a party if they want to, during the break, but they rent the school hall for it, not our space.

That would very much depend upon your views, or as in our case we rent a hall from a religious organisation and so I would only acknowledge it by doing black cats and pumpkins, not witches and ghosts, we certainly don't make a huge fuss over it, but of course, these days it is very commercial.

We are much the same as Panders being a person who has always been really afraid of halloween I tend to skim over it we may experient using halloween colours BLACK paint messy stuff!! no ghosts and who needs witches when they have ME!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

We have had many families requesting we don't do it so thats just fine with me, I think its too American nowadays and I will not be opening my door Bah humbug!!

• Like 1

Im a child minder and have always done Halloween with the children. I dont go into detail about ghosts and witches though. We just have fun making cakes with Halloween decorations and cards. We decorate the playroom and just have a bit of fun. None of the parents have ever complained or asked me not to do it.

I have never done Halloween with my group, but last year our fund raising committee put on a Halloween party in the village hall and opened it up to the school children as well and everyone had a ball!!! So much so that the fund raising committee and the PTA are having a bit of a scrap about who gets to do it this year. I have to say I did not attend last years but the photo's looked great and they made a lot of money.

Guest sn0wdr0p

I've never had any complaints. If we didn't do a party for our out of school club there would be a revolution. The nursery children will be doing lots about pumpkins and yes we will look at witches in our pre school room who love reading Room on the Broom.

In the out of school club we are having lots of Harry Potter stuff going on. We are setting up Diagon Alley for the school hols and have sent out a newspaper reporting that in an unprecedented move muggle children will have access to Diagon Alley. We will have a Madan Malkins Robe Shop where they can dress up. Ollivanders wand shop where they can make wooden wands, Flourish & Blotts bookshop where they can make their own books, Slugs & Jiggers Apothocary and potions lab, Gringotts bank and loads more....everyone is really excited about it. It's costing me a fortune I keep seeing things for it that I MUST buy - I got some lanterns from ASDA today.

hi i am a childminder i normally dont go in detail just have lots of fun with pumpkins and tatties and lots of painting and messy stuff making halloween stuff, i do agree with Part of the furniture it is to amercianized now,

Guest TinklePrincess

I'm actually really concerned about this, as I've just started a new job at a private nursery (today) so it will be open through the half term. As a Christian, I have never celebrated Halloween and I've only ever actually been out of the house on Halloween once - last year, aged 23! I know I would feel uncomfortable if my nursery makes a big deal about it but I've only been there a day - I don't know if it's acceptable for me to mention it!

Guest sn0wdr0p

As owner and manager of my setting I would be upset if I found out after the event that a staff member was uncomfortable with an activity we did. I certainly would suggest you speak out. I'm sure there are many ways around it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)