Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Never ever...

finleysmaid

Guest mukerjee1

Never,ever get so distracted by the howls of anguish unleashed by your husband as he discovers that your seven year old has kindly 'washed' his dad's socks in the dishwasher that you then use a fish slice to 'mash' the potato...(doesn't work... apparently...)

This reminded me of trying to play snap with some of mine the other day. I'd forgotten that every family seems to have different rules about how to lay the cards out, when you say snap, what happens to the 'snapped' cards etc etc etc! It was a good lesson in cultural differences ;) :huh: :blink:

Never, ever assume that everyone thinks 'sit on the carpet please' means the same as you think it does!

• Like 2

Never ever have a whole class of infants making Pom poms ( newly qualified mistake)

Never ever have the whole class doing paper mâché ( newly qualified mistake)

Debx

Never,ever get so distracted by the howls of anguish unleashed by your husband as he discovers that your seven year old has kindly 'washed' his dad's socks in the dishwasher that you then use a fish slice to 'mash' the potato...(doesn't work... apparently...)

Washing the socks, or mashing the potatoes!

Your husband needs to be thankful that he is trying to help and make the most of the enthusiasm---the novelty soon wears off! Or it did in my house.

well all i can say is perhaps she may have changed her opinion when she had explained, at least 50 times, that the two pictures have to be the SAME! :bananas: :blink:

Reminds me why I gave up teaching my son any games---he always had his own rules!

.......wipe your teary eyes with the same hankie you smothered in alboss oil :blink:

.......assume you speak the same language as your teenage children because you don't and if you try and use terminology and phrases you have heard them use expect to receive a withering look for being sooo uncool it isn't funny :P

• Like 4

...............allow a ninety-one year old lady to open her birthday pressies unaided :blink: :1b

My mum's birthday today - I only left her for a second while I popped into her kitchen - when I returned she was using a vegetable knife to 'get into' her presents :oxD

I thought - next trip will be A & E because she has 'had an eye out'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

.......wipe your teary eyes with the same hankie you smothered in alboss oil :blink:

.......assume you speak the same language as your teenage children because you don't and if you try and use terminology and phrases you have heard them use expect to receive a withering look for being sooo uncool it isn't funny :P

Oh I LOVE this Sue - mine are all grown up now but how I remember the 'grunting' teens and if I ever used an 'in' word heaven help me!!

... Say the words "today we are going to have a normal day". Week six and we haven't had one of those yet - I'm not sure why I plan anything cos we never complete a plan ever!