Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Capital Funding Agreed For The Two Year Old Free Entitlement

SueFinanceManager

Dear all

Just spotted this;

Capital funding agreed for the two year old free entitlement

An estimated 100,000 new places are required across the country. The capital funding will be made available to local authorities to help attract new entrants to the early education and childcare sector, particularly in areas where the childcare market is less developed. Funding could also be used to enable existing nurseries and childminders to expand to offer more places to two-year-olds.

Golly gosh......100,000 new places.....shame there are so many settings shutting then :ph34r:

Sue

Admin Team

That's all very lovely but are they actually going to pay a rate per hour once these settings are established to ensure that they are sustainable !!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree - I actually don't want any 2 year old funding - I don't take 'til 2.5 anyway and then at least i can charge a realistic rate for these children until they become eligible for funding..........sorry that's very negative of me.......

• Like 1

we currently take funded 2yr old children, they (or the family ) need to meet certain criteria and need to be reffered by HV, SW etc.

We receive £3.25 per hour for funded 3yr olds, and £5.25 (i think) for funded 2 yr olds.

In my personal opinion - I get the feeling that the families of the children we currently have, are quite happy to milk the funding system to wangle 15 child free hours.

we were promised help and support from our local CC for all of our funded 2yr olds ....we are still waiting for that help and support -despite us asking for it.

We dont even see copies of the referral forms -so the children come to us, and we have no background info as to why they have been referred -it took me 3 months to find out a refferal form even exsisited !

I would rather they increased the funding for 3yr olds....or at least re-instated it back to what it was before they decided to cut it,

Edited by fimbo
  • Like 1

we currently take funded 2yr old children, they (or the family ) need to meet certain criteria and need to be reffered by HV, SW etc.

We receive £3.25 per hour for funded 3yr olds, and £5.25 (i think) for funded 2 yr olds.

In my personal opinion - I get the feeling that the families of the children we currently have, are quite happy to milk the funding system to wangle 15 child free hours.

we were promised help and support from our local CC for all of our funded 2yr olds ....we are still waiting for that help and support -despite us asking for it.

We dont even see copies of the referral forms -so the children come to us, and we have no background info as to why they have been referred -it took me 3 months to find out a refferal form even exsisited !

I would rather they increased the funding for 3yr olds....or at least re-instated it back to what it was before they decided to cut it,

Thanks for that info fimbo........£5.25 sounds quite attractive :1b but everything else i.e. lack of support, background info less attractive :( :blink:

We actually get £1.25 an hour more than the hourly rate we charge at the moment for our funded 2 year olds.

But have also found it a battle to find out what the reason for being asked to take in a child on 2yr funding is, but have to say we get a fair bit of support from our ey consultant :)

Edited by mouse63

Surely, just in terms of simple maths given the staffing ratios, a 2 year old should be funded at double the rate of a 3 or 4 year old? And given that our 3 year ols are not funded at a break even level in real terms for my setting, I would need to be offered considerably more! You may have guessed I said NO when offered to take part!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)