Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow Moment Forms?

I want to introduce some small wow moment forms (maybe postcard size) just to have out in our foyer for parents to take a jot things on. I'm sure i've seen some on here but can't find them anywhere. I wanted something with just a small amount of writing on to explain briefly what the parents might want to write.

Anyone got any ideas please? :D

I just put up a note of explanation on our Wow Moment board and some quarter A4 sized Wow Certificates. I am sure I have seen some fancy ones on here too but mine are not really fancy - They just have a wordart with "Wow in the top left hand corner a space for the date and a space at the bottom for the person writing the Wow Moment to "sign" so it is clear who has contributed to the journal - our will be displayed on the wall then put in the observation journals.

Mel

hope this may be of use to you. i have made forms half A4 size, with child's name on, date and reason for getting it. don't seem to have saved it, so i'd better not lose the master!! we give it to child to take home and put a copy on our wow wall. then when we put their next one up, the old one gets put in the learning journey x

wow wall letter for parents.doc

We have a celebration wall with stars on..... with a special 'what a star' song to celebrate children's achievements. We therefore use star shaped post-it notes put out for parents to write on, and then place on the wall. They are later stuck in the child's Learning Journal

hope this may be of use to you. i have made forms half A4 size, with child's name on, date and reason for getting it. don't seem to have saved it, so i'd better not lose the master!! we give it to child to take home and put a copy on our wow wall. then when we put their next one up, the old one gets put in the learning journey x

Aha, that's mine. Nice to see it's still being useful!

We have a celebration wall with stars on..... with a special 'what a star' song to celebrate children's achievements. We therefore use star shaped post-it notes put out for parents to write on, and then place on the wall. They are later stuck in the child's Learning Journal

I have used cait wow wall but love the idea of a special star song - want to share it .... please ;)

I have used cait wow wall but love the idea of a special star song - want to share it .... please ;)

Of course!!!

It is to the tune of 'this old man' and goes like this....

What a star

What a star

What a cleverclogs you are

Tell us something you have done today.... (then the child says, or we read from the star) -

Well done CHILD'S NAME, hip hooray.

If we notice that the children (or staff!) have done something amazing such as good sharing, then we 'stop and freeze' and sing to the group as well.

Children love it!!

Edited by mps09
  • Like 5

We just use those flourescent card stars that shops have to say how much things are - you know the 'hey look at me I'm a great offer ' kind of things. They look great on our WOW wall.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)