Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fire Checks

Sox

our checks for fire extinguishers etc are carried out by the church as are our electrical(pat) tests as they are our landlord.

we have one fire drill for each session each half term ( eg one monday morning per half term) - all staff know their roles during this time - we then record details in our fire drill book - number of children/ adults/ visitors - who checked toilet area(as outside of room) - time of drill - time taken to evacuate room - any room for improvement - signatures etc.

fire drills are highlighted in our registers so we ensure they are done although staff never know what time they will be.

Do your hall get all your personal electric things pat tested for you ?

We do fire drills to cover each day over a half term, record these in our risk assess folder, I check the alarms half termly and record this, then check that lights are on in emergency lights at same time. I usually instigate fire drills, but I do have a laminated fire that I put somewhere around the premises and which ever member of staff sees it first instigates the fire drill......it has been known that we,ve been in a 'burning building' for a couple of hours as no one has noticed it (it's A4 in size !)

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses! We do 4/6 weekly fire drills! Outsider checks on fire alarm, call points, fire extin, fire blankets! Oh and electrical checks yearly! In addition we have to test fire alarm weekly by a different call point! Make sure all extin / blanket are in the proper location weekly! Checking fire exits aren't blocked! Maintain a fire log! Test carbon monoxide detector, and individual smoke alarm in kitchen and check smoke dectector weekly and checking emergency lighting! Think I have included everything!!! ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)