Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning, Observation & Timetables As Promised

Hopefully I have attached everything I plan on using within my setting. I have decided to do this becaus eof all the wonderful resources that have been shared by others and inspired by others. Some you may recognise (maybe as your own!!) because I feel the format best suits me. Others I have adpated and some I have done from scratch.

I hope you find them useful and even if it saves one person a lot of time, then it's worth it!!!

Planning & assessment formats.ppt

Week 1 timetable.doc

Week 2 timetable.doc

EYFS tracker ind child.doc

Indoor Enhancement Planning.doc

short obs.doc

Weekly obs.doc

Summary.doc

example short obs 2.doc

Adult Directed Evaluation.doc

Theme Planning.doc

Timetable.doc

On entry and end of reception summary chart for cohort- all areas of learning- final-Sept 12.doc

Thanks for sharing, and yes redjayne, having spent most of the summer re doing policies and planning formats, it certainly feels as if there is more paperwork....................

Thanks to all of those who have shared on this site - all formats have given me different ideas and different ways of adapting what we will use.

They look good. Only opened on iPad so far, but it looks like a well thought-out set of documents.

As to there being more paperwork, I hope it's just because we are doing everything at one time, rather than evolving things over the year. This is all stuff we already had, it just needs tweaking all together to be ready for term. I don't think I have generated anything new, even the two year check was kind of already there as our 'on entry profile'

Edited by Cait

As to there being more paperwork, I hope it's just because we are doing everything at one time, rather than evolving things over the year. This is all stuff we already had, it just needs tweaking all together to be ready for term. I don't think I have generated anything new, even the two year check was kind of already there as our 'on entry profile'

The myth of the paperwork reduction would always have been just that in my opinion - it will always be what the individual feels they need to do to manage their setting. Some do more, some do less relatively. It was a red herring but a good soundbite politically!

• Like 2

The myth of the paperwork reduction would always have been just that in my opinion - it will always be what the individual feels they need to do to manage their setting. Some do more, some do less relatively. It was a red herring but a good soundbite politically!

One of the things that seems to happen is that someone creates a something that helps them and the way they think (in my first job the school was using those pink individual profile booklets and I couldn't get a whole class overview so created a grid which gave me that - time consuming but I've used every year since and it worked for me). Then an inspector/visitor of any other kind comes along, asks a question gets shown the document and likes it. When another setting asks what to expect from an inspection or 'how do you do...' the document gets mentioned with an accompanying 'The inspector really liked it' and it the document gains a little status as something inspectors like to see. We all want to get through that so start creating more things for ourselves to feel safe rather than because it necessarily helps the way we personally think.

We also seem to do a lot of contingency 'what if I get run over by a bus' planning too. I know what my approach is in school, I know what I do and why I do it (well, most of the time!) but I'm the only person in school who teaches EYFS and for that matter has any EYFS experience. I feel a greater need to document some things just in case...

• Like 1

I must admit I love creating different sheets for different things and looking what else is out there- that's why I love this forum. I am bit of an obsessive when it comes to planning, tracking and assessment. In my previous role I was eng co ordinator, joint assessment and key stage one coordinator. I also lead an LA project on CLL, so you can imagine how much evidence I needed to prove how well things were going in all these areas and the progress chn were making.

However, I try not to create things for things sake but what I think will work to make tings easier. For example, I have created a timetable which I will laminate to let adults know exactly what their role is for week, ie are they on the thematic adult led focus all week, or are they on continuous provision. Whether they are inside or outside. This also saves the constant asking of am I inside or outside this week? What is the adult led focus? ( for this I have created an adult led activity sheet which will have the objectives and focus chn on, the planning of the activity will be on the wall)

I think I have worked on a top down approach to my planning, tracking and assessments. I have thought, what do I want the chn to achieve by the end of the year? The ELG. So how can I show this, monitor this and plan for this.

Thank you for sharing!! I've only been a part of this sight for a couple of weeks and am entering my first year in EYFS so once i 'know' what im doing i will get uploading and give something back to this amazing community :) xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)