Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numbered Development Matters

Afternoon!

Has anybody got an electronic copy of the development matters with numbers next to each statement. The idea being when I reference in Learning Journeys I can write M 3.1 etc instead of the whole staement.

It's on my list to make but if somebody already has then I can attempt the rest of my to-do-list!

Many Thanks :1b

Guest ChunkyMan

Hi, I have done this but only for the ELGs as I think it will be complicated for all ages and stages.

The ELGs.doc

Don't know if they will be of any use...trying to keep it as simple as poss although not sure what to do about children who are not at ELG yet.

Cx

I argued at our eyfs training that the so called '17' elgs was a a con if you actually broke them down into separate statements there were only a few less than previously, they thought we wouldn't notice if they stuck them into one paragraph !

I like them, our old statements were all lettered, ie PD1c, would have been 3rd statement in 1st aspect of PD, it was easy to see exactly which statement anyone was referring to.

Fab, thank you very much. Just what I was looking for. I generally find when referencing development matters I write the same statement quite a few times for different children- this will make things a littel easier- I hope! x

We have always used number to reference the ELGs but we are now going to refer to them by the aspect ...it may take a few seconds longer to write them but I feel its a good way to describe it and will help staff remember the aspects.

Guest hfitz12

marywilliam I think that is fab as my setting is a bit obsessed with where the evidence is and that shows it really clearly. Please would you be so kind as to add the others.

Many thanks

Helen

Am I the only person who doesn't cross reference all our evidence in Nursery with the DMs? I imagine the time it takes must be considerable and I prefer to spend the time on the learning journeys themselves which takes enough time as it is! I felt it would make us keep looking at the children as little chunks of DMs rather than the whole person and that it was mainly a paper trail to keep marauding outsiders happy! If anyone wants evi referenced then I get the LJ and talk them through it. Am feeling I am in the minority though!

• Like 2

I'm so glad you like them - I've gone all tingly! (It isn't often that I do something useful!)

Yes, refencing is time-consuming but we are used to doing it for FSP judgements and hope these will help us gain confidence in our 'best-fit' judgements as we go through the year.

Also we are a big team so it is almost impossible to share information through talking to each other consistently, try as we might, and this gives an overview that all team members can use.

I'm sure that we will use something sleeker once we are more confident!

I have emphasised over and over in school that this is not a tick list, it's just an aid to tracking evidence - evidence can be in someone's head too, though I do encourage people to write down as much as possible having had the experience of a teacher leave mid-way through the first half of the Summer term, taking all her evidence with her 'in her head'! Wasn't fun!

Anyway, have attached the rest, and hope they are of use.

PSE 1 making relationships.doc

PSE 2 self-confidence and self-awareness.doc

PSE 3 managing feelings and behaviour.doc

CL 1 listening and attention.doc

CL 2 understanding.doc

CL 3 speaking.doc

PD 1 moving and handling.doc

PD 2 health and self-care.doc

EAD1 exploring and using.doc

EAD2 being imaginative.doc

L 1 reading.doc

L 2 writing.doc

M 1 number.doc

M 2 SSM.doc

U1 P and C.doc

U2 W.doc

UW 3 Technology.doc

I'm so glad you like them - I've gone all tingly! (It isn't often that I do something useful!)

Yes, refencing is time-consuming but we are used to doing it for FSP judgements and hope these will help us gain confidence in our 'best-fit' judgements as we go through the year.

Also we are a big team so it is almost impossible to share information through talking to each other consistently, try as we might, and this gives an overview that all team members can use.

I'm sure that we will use something sleeker once we are more confident!

I have emphasised over and over in school that this is not a tick list, it's just an aid to tracking evidence - evidence can be in someone's head too, though I do encourage people to write down as much as possible having had the experience of a teacher leave mid-way through the first half of the Summer term, taking all her evidence with her 'in her head'! Wasn't fun!

Anyway, have attached the rest, and hope they are of use.

Hi there

These look fab - taking a long time to download and then save etc...could you please ZIP them or simply email them to me.

you're an absolute star!

Thanks from Beth

Edited by Guest
Email address removed for security. Please PM for details.

i 'taught' my laptop various keystrokes, so when i type in PSEDMR4 it automatically changes the text to the appropriate statement. It takes a while to set up, but wonderfully time saving in the long run, I'm going to have to spend time clearing them all and inputting the news ones, but that's a job for another day!

I might try this... Can you simple copy and paste the statements. Not to sure how to set my computer to do this - will have a play and see how I get on ! Thank you for this handy tip!

It depends what software you are using. You need to go to the place where your computer automatically changes what you type, it's autocorrect. You have a numbered list of the statements and the statements themselves open on screen and copy the 'code' into one box and the full statement into the next box. It sounds confusing, but once you get the screen open it's really not hard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)