Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer's Ending........

sunnyday

Now - first signs........does your hard beat a little faster when someone mentions Staples........can you imagine yourself walking down the aisles........can you anticipate the rush you are going to get as you fill your trolley - oh yes trolley - a basket wouldn't be big enough.........if you have answered yes to any of this then I'm afraid you are well on your way...........

Think I may be well on the way. Not quite taken to a trolley yet but stationery and book shops are where I go to recover from the trauma of having to go clothes shopping!

As for summer ending...when you start seeing the trailers for 'new autumn drama' on TV.

Oh yes and all the 'Back to School' notices in all shops :(xD

I know it has been wet summer and very little of it really, but if this si a sign of the end of summer ours here started in July.. before the schools even broke up we had shops with back to school signs in them - always thought it a bit silly to buy anything before the last few days .. my son always grew so much in the summer..

yes the nights are definitely drawing in now, noticeably.. but it is still really warm...

• Like 1

I know it has been wet summer and very little of it really, but if this si a sign of the end of summer ours here started in July.. before the schools even broke up we had shops with back to school signs in them - always thought it a bit silly to buy anything before the last few days .. my son always grew so much in the summer..

yes the nights are definitely drawing in now, noticeably.. but it is still really warm...

I love your positive outlook Inge and absolutely beautiful here today! :1b

• Like 1

I'm trying really hard to get this particular addiction under control :ph34r: :blink: xD

Now - first signs........does your hard beat a little faster when someone mentions Staples........can you imagine yourself walking down the aisles........can you anticipate the rush you are going to get as you fill your trolley - oh yes trolley - a basket wouldn't be big enough.........if you have answered yes to any of this then I'm afraid you are well on your way...........

That should clearly be 'heart'.........dear me :blink: xD

Think I may be well on the way. Not quite taken to a trolley yet but stationery and book shops are where I go to recover from the trauma of having to go clothes shopping!

As for summer ending...when you start seeing the trailers for 'new autumn drama' on TV.

Clothes shopping - shudder! :(xD

I also find any excuse to go to staples. Think it is my fav shop ever. Hubby thinks I'm mad as he says he has never known anyone else get excited about pens, highlighters and don't get me started on all the different types of notebooks and pads! Think it might have something to do with returning to study for my foundation degree with the OU prefect excuse to have to go to staples. My three girls also love trips to staples and it the only time I can get them to come shopping is when I promise them a quick look around staples.My house is starting to look like a shrine to staples due to all things we have in the house.

• Like 1

I also find any excuse to go to staples. Think it is my fav shop ever. Hubby thinks I'm mad as he says he has never known anyone else get excited about pens, highlighters and don't get me started on all the different types of notebooks and pads! Think it might have something to do with returning to study for my foundation degree with the OU prefect excuse to have to go to staples. My three girls also love trips to staples and it the only time I can get them to come shopping is when I promise them a quick look around staples.My house is starting to look like a shrine to staples due to all things we have in the house.

Yay! :1b

Yay! :1b

Reading through this thread, do you think there is a connection with early years and stationary?

Seriously!!?

Although my brother (definitely not early years) does share this obsession/passion. :1b

My problem is not really the buying of it- but the actual using!!! I have lots of pristine note books, pads and folders not used- and not to mention highlighters that I embarrassed to say have stayed so long in their 'nice packets' that have actually dried up. :mellow:

Sometimes I think I could take it all into work for the children............ then I shudder at the thought of them markmaking (scribbling on random pages :D ::1a ) that I put them all back away safely in a very nice box- well I have lots and lots of boxes to choose from!!!!

Summer has really not got started down here apart from the first week of the holidays!! managed to get two swims in the sea and three days on the beach and that was that. Really hope that the next two weeks improve drastically. Anyway if summer had ever been here I would know that it was coming to an end when we start to think if we will be doing the sponsored Christmas day swim in the sea!! and also when I have my onions and garlic pulled up and drying in bunches in the greenhouse.

I have to say I am lucky and my nearest staples is 35 miles away so do not have your addiction but I LOVE the stationery isle in Tesco and really relate to Louby loo not taking her unused items into school!!!

Guest sn0wdr0p

Staples, Hobbycraft and The Range cost me a fortune. But the worst by a long long way IKEA. Can't stop myself. completely lose control, I go round with a died and gone to heaven look on my face. Fortunately we have to go all the way to Leeds (140 mile round trip) so it doesn't happen too often. My husband dreads it - he knows it is never less than a couple of hundred pounds - I bribe my boys with the promise of meatballs which they love.

Oh and guess what..... I have taken myself off timetable on Tuesday to go - without my husband so any control will have gone completely. Look out for the demented smiling woman if you are in IKEA Leeds on Tuesday.

And by the way, looks like summer is over as there is a fantastic thunder storm at the moment. No time to stop and watch though as sat at work trying to get all paperwork done before going on holiday next week. (Our first in seven years so excited and yes it was impossible to get summer clothes for the kids last week)

I love Ikea too. Went last Wednesday with my business partner for furniture for our new setting. Spent just over £500 and going again in the morning for more things as we thought we'd spent nearly £700 so were really pleased with £500!!! :1b

I am very ashamed to say that I have never even set foot inside an Ikea store!! our nearest one is a 350 mile round trip away. I am very envious. :(

But I have been to staples in Turo......... (think that's spelt wrong :rolleyes:)

(I think I might get a map with 'staples stores I have visited marked on it :D )

xxxx

ermmmmm........ well I did buy a lovely little notebook and pen set from the RNLI shop to keep in my handbag - next to the Scottie dog one that's already there..... and that I don't write in because it's too nice..... perhaps I should swap them for the green polka dot one that's in the stationery box/stash under my bed of "things I've bought that are too lovely to write in or give away"..... oh, or the lilac suede one? .... or.......

Nona

ermmmmm........ well I did buy a lovely little notebook and pen set from the RNLI shop to keep in my handbag - next to the Scottie dog one that's already there..... and that I don't write in because it's too nice..... perhaps I should swap them for the green polka dot one that's in the stationery box/stash under my bed of "things I've bought that are too lovely to write in or give away"..... oh, or the lilac suede one? .... or.......

Nona

Pheww............. was begining to think I had problems, seems I'm normal after all then xx

ps- got a nice green 'fabricy type feel' one from sainsburys today half-price. Sitting on dining room table- much to nice to write in.

Oh I love it - seems that I am completely 'normal' after all xD :lol: xD :lol: xD

Feel the need now to confess all with regard to one of my other 'addictions' - cards - cards of all sorts to fit every occasion - I have a mega-stash and buy them all the time.........Mr S has stopped asking 'who is that for' :blink: xD :lol: xD

Has anyone seen the gorgeous coloured notepaper and matching envelopes in the Phoenix range? :D

I love it - I too have a collection of notebooks which are 'too nice' to use for actually taking notes in! I need to buy a new notebook for taking notes in staff meetings in so it needs to be nice but not too nice - any recommendations?

I don't have a big 'cards for occasions' collection but I have a steadily building 'cards for random, unspecified, just need to send a note' collection which rarely gets broken in to because those cards are never quite right for the person who needs a note at that time. (or is it that I just really don't want to part with them?! :blink: :ph34r:xD

Fantastic plan! Biccies are finished I'm afraid (Dad's been doing a lot of fence painting ;) ) but I did make a delicious summer fruits cheesecake and have the left over digestives from that!

Probably best to wear comfy shoes (hiking boots?) I may need a new pen too. We may be some time...

• Like 1

Guest tinkerbell

I am meeting my TA/friend for lunch today and I can see a plan hatching from reading this thread.We have a strange discount store in town that is always worth as look as things cost £1,its like bankrupt stock or something and it always has interesting things that can be used in class.

I must also confess to finding £ and Euro shops in whatever country I visit on holiday....I love to see what is out there and get things for my class.

Back to the 'you know summers ending'...when you start thinking what shall I be wearing to school,will it be cold (no heating ) dress or trousers?

I think you all need to go to stationery anonymous and do the ten steps help plan!!! Maybe there should be another forum topic just dedicated to stationery!!!

Anyway I realised last night that another sign of summer being over is Daddy long legs dive bombing you when you are trying to sleep. Really annoying.

• Like 1