Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Carpet Cleaners

Not an early years related query - but my Dad is in hospital at the moment and I wanted to clean/get his carpets cleaned while he is there.

Has anyone used the machines you can hire yourself?

I've noticed that Morrisons hire our carpet cleaning machines and was going to give it a go. Has anyone used their machines, or any others from hire companies, and what were the results like ?

Or/and, has anyone used a professional company to get carpets cleaned and can you give any advice as to how successful this has been and a ball park figure regarding cost of it?

Hoping to get it done one day this week.

Thanks

My daughter dropped green paint all on my carpet, and I hired a machine from B & Q - cost around 40 including clearning products but worked fantastically. Happy cleaning :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking 'bout my Dad Sunnyday - lots of tests going on at moment. It's also his birthday today (86)- we had a lovely day planned, but now will just be able to wheel him to a park to have some birthday cake and a chance for him to feed the birds.

Looks like I'm going to be doing the cleaning myself - was hoping they were rubbish so I could get the professionals in xD

Hali - hope your mum get's better soon. I'm going to bring my dad home today, not wonderful news regarding his health I'm sad to say, but he wants to be in his own home!

Because he's coming home today I've had to shelve the carpet cleaning ! ! :o :blink: - thanks for all help anyway. :1b

• 4 weeks later...

thought i would post here rather than start new topic - can anyone recommend a good carpet as need some for preschool - not sure wether to go round or rectangle and not sure where to look as so many - any recommendations anyone - what do you have , how does it work for you - im thinking circle as use for register and circle time but not sure how easy to roll up and store - thanks

Hi we are a packaway preschool and have various carpet rugs, the largest a 3x3m bug one. For ease of storage and rolling I would suggest a square or the rectangular ones. If going for a large one, make sure you can fit it in your store area. May need two people also to carry or drag it, as it's rather heavy. Hope this helps.:)

• Like 1

thanks FB - we had several carpets that are were all disgusting and i now only use one that is hoovered daily and others got binned , the one we have is rectangular and like something from a victorian parlour !!! just sold something for preschool so want a new carpet to buy with money .

Do search around if looking at educational sites, you will be surprised how much they differ in price. We also have 16 of the waffle squares from ELC really great for any area of the room or outside . You can configure those into squares or rectangular shapes. The children love to help put these together. :)

really tricky to find good ones if they have to be rolled up and stored as ours do, we find after a year they start to bend in the middle and then become a tripping hazard

We had some really lovely ones from the internet from a place called Play and Learn they have lasted at least 4 years and when hoovered look as good as new, but I can't seem to find them any more, we had a heavy duty plain carpet from Morleys at the beginning of the year and whilst it's certainly robust it takes two of us to carry it into our storage shed it's very heavy.

We need to make the decision to buy cheap n cheerful and replace more often or go for expensive ones but they take twice the man power.....decisions, decisions :1b

mmm know what you mean TR , think that has been the problem before lack of funds resulting in cheap buys and dont think they were hoovered daily !! and as Fb said prices vary so much for the same thing so i shall continue to trawl internet and let you know what my final purchase is :P

ok have just ordered 2 new rugs from the rugseller.co.uk - free delivery - one alphabet one 3m x 2m and another circle one 133cmx133cm for grand total of £116 which means change from the £120 we got for selling another resource on ebay that was not suitable :D

Excellent :1b

• Like 1

ok have just ordered 2 new rugs from the rugseller.co.uk - free delivery - one alphabet one 3m x 2m and another circle one 133cmx133cm for grand total of £116 which means change from the £120 we got for selling another resource on ebay that was not suitable :D

Sorry this tickled me "circle one 133cmx133cm" lol :D ::1a :D

• Like 1