Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'what To Wear '- Uniforms

lashes2508

not really sure this is the area for it but we really need to change our uniform - currently short sleeve polo shirts with logo available in red - get very hot in warm weather- sweat shirts also in red but awful have the logo covering the whole front of it and there is no fitting to either garment

we want to keep to red and possibly a black fleece for winter- we have thought about fitted t shirts from primark and then get printed as one of my colleagues has these and they wash and can be tumble dried -any suggestions on suppliers and ideas please

we have red patterned blouses from alexandra workwear with embroidered badges, although viscose they are quite loose fitting so really cool in the summer, wash and dry overnight and don't need ironing, don't fade and look much more professional than our polos shirts, which we had before, ever did

Hi

We have worn polo shirts with logos on for as long as I can remember. We have been discussing tabards (aprons) for a while but we wernt too keen on the usual round neck ones. I found some fantastic ones that look trendy and have a large pocket on the front for pens, note pads tissue etc. We have had our logo put on the front and they look fab.

Carol

• Like 2

We have tried many things over the years, even beautician type tunics, which looked smart, but not as flexible as polo shirts.we have actually just gone back to polo this time, in raspberry which is a huge change for us as we've only been on the blue spectrum before! We have gone for a more expensive one, in full cotton, so hoping that this one will be the keeper! Not decided on whether we do fleece or sweatshirt yet.....

we have polos and winter weight fleeces , which do look good as they have our logo on and are smartish - but when the weather is like this too hot so I allow my staff to wear sleeveless or cap sleeved t shirts in our colours ( pink or purple) and they get the cost reimbursed ( up to the value of £6) if they have bought for work. Did think about smart shirts like Max but the staff felt they would be more restrictive than polos ?

Hi. My staff wear their own clothes. We tried on many occasions to have a uniform. But we always went back to our own clothes. The staff wear suitable clothes.

Dorinda

We always had tabards, but last year we decided on a revamp. We have used Simon Jersey, they have embroidered our logo on tunics - basically they are a bit like beauticians tunics, but they zip up the front, and have lots of pockets! 2 at the top for pens and 2 at the bottoms for post its tissues etc. They are lovely, only one of our staff doesn't like them but people comment how smart they are, they are also quite long so when we bend over it keeps the top of your trousers covered. Our EY consultant loves them and I asked her opinion on whether I should wear them in the baby room as I was worried they looked a bit formal but she said wear them!

i like a uniform as 'appropriate' wear seems to vary from staff member to staff member, can be a bit tricky having webcam when staff are bending about with thongs hanging out of their hipster trousers. The blouses aren't restrictive at all redjayne as they are purpose made as workwear not fashion cut and long enough to be decent when bending about. We have a couple of well endowed colleagues who feel more comfortable in something less form fitting and new parents always know who is staff and who is not with a uniform

not really sure this is the area for it but we really need to change our uniform - currently short sleeve polo shirts with logo available in red - get very hot in warm weather- sweat shirts also in red but awful have the logo covering the whole front of it and there is no fitting to either garment

we want to keep to red and possibly a black fleece for winter- we have thought about fitted t shirts from primark and then get printed as one of my colleagues has these and they wash and can be tumble dried -any suggestions on suppliers and ideas please

We have polo-shirts which are great for us, embroidered from Coniston and each has our name and job title embroidered on it (at no extra cost!) All the staff are happy with these as they are work wear. My only comment about fitted items is that they can be more difficult for any bigger staff. I'm a size 14 but I wouldn't wear something fitted because it just doesn't look good on my shape!

Why not go to a company like Coniston and let each staff member choose what style they want (within reason!) and then have a 'corporate' colour/logo....

• Like 1

Hi

We have worn polo shirts with logos on for as long as I can remember. We have been discussing tabards (aprons) for a while but we wernt too keen on the usual round neck ones. I found some fantastic ones that look trendy and have a large pocket on the front for pens, note pads tissue etc. We have had our logo put on the front and they look fab.

Carol

Hi Carol,

We are looking at the possibility of Tabards in addition to our other uniform. Where did you find yours?

Thanks

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty

We now wear the 'prestige tabard' from Simon Jersy approx £15 each .....we liked the black and red ones but they looked a bit too formal so opted for the plum and lilac ones

Carol