Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Principles Into Practice Cards

Guest LornaW

Guest LornaW

I know I should know this, and I am sure I have heard it somewhere but cannot remember where are these still applicable to the revised framework?

I was looking for a quote from the revised framework to update this from the QCA Guidance in 2005

"...the development and use of communication and language is at the heart of young children's learning"

could I find anything like this? I could not! Urgh!!!!!

Lorna

OK another stupid question!!

Should we completely ditch the May 2008 EYFS documents?

Lorna

I'm keeping mine, it'll be like the Birth to Three where they re-visit it ten years later :ph34r:

Nona

At the EYFS briefing last month we were told not to get rid of the CD as there were some really good resources on it which were still applicable. Have to say I still have a copy of Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage at the back of the cupboard - well you never know!

Rachel

Guest LornaW

Thanks everyone my sentiments exactly but I had heard some LAs were advising to ditch it! rachellps I still have my Curriculum Guidance and Catma I agree with you there is just so much in there that will be useful.

I remember going to a meeting with Lesley Staggs when the Curriculum Guidance was being developed and all of the great discussions on pedagogy this new revised document just seems so weak on its own - heh! ho!

Lorna

During discussions with Sue Robb (4 Children) at a meeting she suggested that pages 20 to 24 (Learning and Teaching) of the CGFS and principles into practice cards 4.1 (Play and Exploration) 4.2 (Active Learning) and 4.3 (Creativity and Critcal Thinking) were still very useful resources to have alongside the revised EYFS.

Like others I still have CGFS and somewhere on a PDF the original DLOs :blink:

No point throwing baby out with the bath water - there's still lots of good stuff in the older publications.

I have uploaded the CGFS and principles into practice cards for anyone interested.

Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage.pdf

Principles into Practice Cards.pdf

I, too have been told the PIPs cards were still very useful and I wouldn't dream of getting rid of CD as there's some great stuff on it!

I also still have DLOs, CGFS, BTTM and will keep the 2008 version to complete the set......

My house is a mess - wonder why???

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)