Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Te Whariki

Hi I have a presentation to prepare for my staff. The topic I have chosen is te Whariki. I am really interested in finding out if other settings have any experience of Te Whariki.

My son is off to be a singer with P and O pacific soon :( and I am hoping to go and visit New Zealand when I go and see him xD but am doing the presentation in about a week.

When I was doing my foundation degree I found the subject very interesting and I printed out the principles and had them on the wall alongside the foundation stage stepping stones. I take it you have a lot of materials already?

Hi Sunnyday,

Have you any advice re how you used it or have any hanouts etc to share. I am trying to see how i could use it in the setting. Mixed emotions regarding my son. Really excited and plessed for him but i am gonna miss him sooooo much. X

Do you know me? Do you appreciate and understand my interests and abilities and those of my family? (belonging)

Can I trust you? Do you meet my daily needs with care and sensitive consideration? (well-being)

Do you let me fly? Do you engage my mind, offer challenges and extend my world? (exploration)

Do you hear me? Do you invite me to communicate and respond to my own particular efforts? (communication)

Is this place fair for us? Do you encourage and facilitate my endeavours to be part of the wider group? (contribution)

Podmore & Carr 1999

I had this on the wall until it got a bit dog-eared - I'd actually forgotten I had it on the laptop! I can print another one!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)