Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspection

Has anyone had an inspection with an inspector who was being inspected by a Quality Ofsted manager? Has anyone had to deal with a desagreable inspector who was not listening to your answer or who had not read the Self Evaluation Form?

We were inspected last month, totally stressed as the inspection was over a year late and they had actually turned up to inspect us in January but couldn't as we were closed due to the heating having broken down! Our inspector was employed by Tribal and she was being observed by someone from Ofsted. I have to say that the inspector was very good with the children and parents, very tolerant of me and my stressed out staff, all the while being quality assessed herself. Our inspection went well but she did say that it would make the inspection easier if I put our SEF online, she could only look at our paper SEF on arrival at pre-school. She did say that she had looked at our website which has full details of our prospectus, policies, procedures and photos of our activities and environment, so I think that helped a lot. She obviously did not feel threatened by the Ofsted observer and, to be honest, the assessor was almost invisible during the inspection as far as we were concerned. I had to give feedback on our inspector after our own feedback!

Ours was a positive result and we were happy to get a GOOD again, but I really don't know how we would have coped if it had been a negative experience. If you really aren't happy about how the inspection went you do need to complain and I do hope that Ofsted listens.

Hi when you receive your report you have a short time to address any factual errors before it will be published on the Ofsted site. You can of course make any objections you may have regarding the way your Inspection was conducted directly to Ofsted themselves.

Yes we have made a complaint to Ofsted and passed it on to Tribal. We have already received an answer from them which we totally disagree so we are going on to the next stage. My parents at nursery have written complaint letters to Ofsted as well and they are going to be contacted by Ofsted in the next few weeks. A lot of nurseries are being downgraded by Ofsted at the moment. Ofsted visit came after 4 and a half years.

Thank you for replying to my topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)