Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Grades Ofsted Inspection Today!

Hi, I'm new to the forum & thought I'd introduce myself- im a recently registered childminder, and have been minding for 3 months!

I had my first inspection today and it was no where near as bad as I expected. I got an overall 'good' which I am really pleased about.

I didn't fill out a SEF - but I had read through questions and had a good knowledge of what might be asked.

Tips:

make sure all paperwork are up to date, risk assessments signed and dated with renewal dates. Carry out a fire drill! The little boy I mind is scared of the fire alarm (it's so loud) he was the one who said 'smoke alarm goes off' then she asked what we should do when it goes off and he replied 'go out the door with Jade' *brownie points!*

- relax & play with the children as you would!

- We played outside for most of the morning & it allowed them to b

Oh no pressed send too soon!

Burn off steam*

She checked everything including first aid kit and asked lots of questions on safeguarding and working in partnerships with schools/ agencies. This is one of my recommendations so deffo try to show it!

was really relaxed and she only stayed 2 hours. Thought id share my experience as I panicked like mad since the phone all! X