Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

National Anthem

I think that the children are going to be hearing it on St. George's Day, at the Queen's Jubilee celebrations and the Olympics, and possibly as football supporters ;) so knowing what it is and why it is sung and having a go sounds like a good idea.

I think they should have awareness of it - it's part of british culture. It doesn't diminish any other culture the child may have access to. And I always feel sad when any British team player mumbles along, unlike say the French or Irish who sing their anthems with pride and gusto.(After watching the last 6 nations season).

Cx

• Like 1

It's a massive yes from me . In my jubilee week at the end of may I am having it as my rhyme of the week!!!!! Rhymes go home every week for children and parents to sing together. I record myself and put it on the school website so parents know how the rhymes go as we have lots of families who don't know nursery rhymes. So when I do the national anthem I guess I'll have to stand up to record it!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree we celebrate other cultures and festivals - we sometimes forget where we are from England - and yes God save our Queen.

looking forward to two weeks of England

I wont be in England so may have to wear a union jack bikini !!! Dreamgirl love the idea of sending home rhymes each week and recording on website - can i ask do you have a lot of EAL children and parents or this is just to encourage cll and partnerships with parents ?? or is it because so many don't know ryhmes and songs that are not from the charts !!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)