Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The New Profile

I know it's early days, but does anyone have an assessment sheet or booklet with the new goals/scales for Sept 12 yet?

There are several different sets of development statement sheets uploaded on here, I think Catma has posted about the profile's expected date, but I could be wrong!

Edited by Cait

New profile stuff isn't due until September I don't think. I'm going on a course run by my LA about using it at the end of July so am not planning to do anything until then when hopefully I'll have more of an idea about how the LA are going to want data submitted and what sort of on entry data I will be asked to put together. I suspect it will be the same as now i.e. percentages of children working within each DM band on entry.

The new ELGs are in bold print in the Development Matters bands. There aren't any scales as such just emerging, expected and exceeding (as far as I know). Think that's going to throw up some interesting points for those people who have heads who collect data several times a year and expect to see progress even if it's just a scale point!

At the STA briefing for LA moderation Leads in Nov it was stated that the EYFSP will be more about attainment at the end of the phase and less about progress. ( I wrote it down verbatim!!)

There is planned exemplification for the expected level (this is what the working party I was on was doing) and the LAs who are trialling payment by results are also trialling the draft EYFSP descriptors. According to the Foundation Years website there will be draft guidance for the summer term and final guidance for sept.

However - the expected levels are clear already - they are the early learning goals and the process for evidencing the EYFSP statements will be the same process of gathering suitable evidence as we already have.

Cx

Hi all - i've not yet gone through the new information in detail - just scanned VERY quickly (I'm saving the in depth trawling for week 2 of the holidays!). From my brief look though (& as i see it at the moment) - will we (in reception) be needing to track chdn through the age bands throughout the year as opposed to the LEGs as they are so broad?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)