Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Requirements

can anyone tell me if we can run a session, with parents staying with their child, 1 or probably no trained qualified staff, no trained 1st aider and still claim NEF ?

what if a child is claiming NEF -but their parent is unable to stay with them for the session, is that child able to be signed over by the parent to another parent ?

can anyone tell me if we can run a session, with parents staying with their child, 1 or probably no trained qualified staff, no trained 1st aider and still claim NEF ?

what if a child is claiming NEF -but their parent is unable to stay with them for the session, is that child able to be signed over by the parent to another parent ?

Hmmmm....well that would be a no then! Are you going to 'elaborate'?

well - to 'set the scene'....we generally go into school with the older children for 1 session per week during the last half term of summer (preparing them for school, easier transition etc etc)

so -this leaves us this year with 2 children who are not of school age -usually we would ask if they could change their days so they still keep their full entitlement.

well.....I was told today that insted of asking parents to swop days, they will open anyway for these 2 children -but as they cannot then afford staff, the parents will come in, they will also open it up to the toddlers group. If the parent does not want to come in, they could sign over responsibility of their child to another parent in the room.

these sesssions will be run like a tots group -all parent run, no staff member, trained 1st aider etc etc...and we can therefore still claim the NEG.

we also dont need to inform Osfted of this change -as its only for 6 weeks.

oh, and its just me being awkward, as i keep questioning their decisons !!!

they also thought it better to send my assistant on the new EYFS training and not me !! - but thats a whole new story lol !!!!!

wine......where is my wine.........

Not sure what your funding contract states with your local authority but I think that is a no no no. I would contact your Early Years advisor and the advisor for Mother and Toddlers too. As for sending your assistant on the Eyfs training is that because they were unable to cover your absence??????? Or was there some other rationale behind this decision. Are they then going to cascade this to other staff, implement it as well.

Oh dear, I do dispair sometimes at the things I read about committee's.

In effect they are saying the playgroup will close but they will allow the room to be used that day by parents and children. I would imagine your LA wouldnt count a day like that as a funded day. Any other arrangements would be a private matter between the parents and if this does go ahead I would make absolutely certain everyone was aware of that.

The mind boggles, good luck :ph34r:

Not sure what your funding contract states with your local authority but I think that is a no no no. I would contact your Early Years advisor and the advisor for Mother and Toddlers too. As for sending your assistant on the Eyfs training is that because they were unable to cover your absence??????? Or was there some other rationale behind this decision. Are they then going to cascade this to other staff, implement it as well.

nope -the training is on a day when i dont work, so they dont need to get cover for me. they told me it was only an update anyway, and they wanted to ensure that all training is shared out fairly, the assistant would then have to meet with all the staff and commitee and instruct us as to what we needed to do in Sept.

so on the days that i am playleader -my assistant would have to ensure that i am delivering the curriculum correctly.