Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ouch!

lashes2508

The benefits of having a day off - be able to visit friends and family , have lunch out , get on with all those jobs that need doing

benefits of having a day off because you badly sprained your ankle at work - none !! I cant do anything without hobbling and being in pain but at least its near the holidays and i have great qualified committee members who can stand in for me - no pun intended !

The girls told me it was a blessing in disguise and that maybe now i would slow down !!

Ice pack. Half hour on, half hour off for a couple of hours. In the meantime, day time tele is simply riveting!

Hope it gets better soon, I've had sciatica since January, I've hardly moved some days and on others I'm half my usual speed. And to top it al off I think the calorie fairies have snuck into my wardrobe at night and sewn all my clothes a bit smaller. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The benefits of having a day off - be able to visit friends and family , have lunch out , get on with all those jobs that need doing

benefits of having a day off because you badly sprained your ankle at work - none !! I cant do anything without hobbling and being in pain but at least its near the holidays and i have great qualified committee members who can stand in for me - no pun intended !

The girls told me it was a blessing in disguise and that maybe now i would slow down !!

:o Oh ouch indeed - poor you....

Ice pack. Half hour on, half hour off for a couple of hours. In the meantime, day time tele is simply riveting!

Hope it gets better soon, I've had sciatica since January, I've hardly moved some days and on others I'm half my usual speed. And to top it al off I think the calorie fairies have snuck into my wardrobe at night and sewn all my clothes a bit smaller. :rolleyes:

Those flippin' calorie fairies :o they've been here too! xD

Hope sciatica improves soon.....

• Like 1

• thanks rea and sunnyday - the visit to A& E was fun , my friend and colleague grabbed a wheelchair to put me in , nearly wet ourselves laughing. 2 x rays later and then my partner came and took over - sure he though it was a pushchair kept forgetting that my leg was sticking out !! Thankfully hosp is 5 mins away and was all doen in an hour and half -other half keeps threatening bed bath so i managed the shower this morning!! the only benefit last night was my daughter cooked dinner and both of them realised how much i do !!
  • no crutches or strapping , just ice as you said Rea and painkillers with exercises and elevation - oh joy , as for the calories , too painful to get to the fridge haha

• thanks rea and sunnyday - the visit to A& E was fun , my friend and colleague grabbed a wheelchair to put me in , nearly wet ourselves laughing. 2 x rays later and then my partner came and took over - sure he though it was a pushchair kept forgetting that my leg was sticking out !! Thankfully hosp is 5 mins away and was all doen in an hour and half -other half keeps threatening bed bath so i managed the shower this morning!! the only benefit last night was my daughter cooked dinner and both of them realised how much i do !!
  • no crutches or strapping , just ice as you said Rea and painkillers with exercises and elevation - oh joy , as for the calories , too painful to get to the fridge haha

Bed bath indeed :oxD :lol: xD

I also twisted my ankle yesterday whilst out running. I stepped off a style wrong and went over, my it hurt. To top it off I landed in a bed of nettle and still had to carry on runing for another 1.5 miles to get home! Went to A & E after a couple of hours - no broken bones thank goodness.

Was told to ice for 20 minutes and then leave ice off for a min of 2 hours. Not allowed to run for 2 weeks so I think them fairies may be visiting my wardrobe too :P

You see I knew taking any kind of exercise was ultimately a bad idea! :ph34r:

Hope all your ouches get better soon. Those bleeding calorie fairies have got a lot to answer for. And the special programme on the washing machine that shrinks all my clothes a size smaller...

• Like 2

Well those fairies do get about as they have been here too. :rolleyes:

Wishing my hop along forum friends a speedy recovery. :1b

Dear fairies can you please make me shrink a dress size over Easter so i can get into my summer clothes, ha ha who am i kidding :D .

sorry to hear of fellow suffering! most exciting thing to happen with NEW eyfs curriculum for me this week a bonus EYP windfall fairy to acknowledge hard eyp contribution to setting.! Happy days!!

on maternity leave with gestational diabetes ..no comfort eating! plantar facilitis ....hobbling and can t garden and enjoy the sun..or enjoy charity shopping for bookbags!

still baby will distract me end of April!

get well all and enjoy easter hols!!

update on ankle - still slightly swollen and only painful in mornings, the bruising is epic and across the whole of foot- given advice by a physio to apply compression ( nurse had said no) but since doing so, much improved , so at least i can do some stuff but not as much as i would like - hope everyone elses ailment are improving ;)

Edited by lashes2508

A good painkiller is helping me mostly. I had my first physio appointment yesterday. Wearing the most hideous bra I posses, I had to remove my T-shirt so he could look at my spine as I stretched and bent. Truly wonderful day yesterday :huh:

Glad you're improving lashes, slowly but surely

• Like 1