Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent /children's Voice On Sef

Hi all I just need another nudge in the right direction please. We're really trying to incorporate both the children's and the parents voices in our SEF - all we can come up with is questionnaires for both. But what can I ask the parents that will actually inform the SEF? We ask if they feel we're caring, are they happy with provision, is there anything they'd change, but how is this informing SEF???

For the children we thought we'd send a questionnaire home so they don't feel pressure to tell us the right answer - again what am I asking them?

How do you all do it?

Thanks

We used to ask questions relating to the five ECM outcomes, but worded so that the parents and children understood them. We also used some questions off the Ofsted website to create the children's questionnaire. There were 20 suggested questionnaire which we adapted to suit our children. Unfortunately I can't find the link now but maybe this will jog someone's memory.

We used to ask questions relating to the five ECM outcomes, but worded so that the parents and children understood them. We also used some questions off the Ofsted website to create the children's questionnaire. There were 20 suggested questionnaire which we adapted to suit our children. Unfortunately I can't find the link now but maybe this will jog someone's memory.

Thanks Holly - I think I may have those children's questions somewhere. Did you find they provided anything useful , or did it just tck a box?

We sometimes got something useful out of it. From time to time it would highlight we weren't communicating what we did well enough to parents, but a lot of the time parents seemed to want to make sure we got a good rating as it were. Consequently they were determined to write only good things. But at least we were giving them the opportunity.

I've recently been looking the the 20 Questions for Parents and 20 Questions for Children - have searched, emailed and phoned Ofsted, and spoken to Early Years Team. It appears to have been archived somewhere however I did hear a suggestion that it might be in the 'Information for Inspectors' part of Ofsted - only place I haven't looked yet.

Honey.

We do an annual report for parents with a parental questionnaire and then a questionnaire that parents help their children complete using the Ofsted 20 questions format. We find it quite useful as supplementary evidence for obtaining the children's voice and parental feedback suggests that they find it useful to find out what their children like/dislike about coming to our setting.

I have uploaded it here as a pdf (hopefully :o)

Children__s_questionnaire.pdf

We do an annual report for parents with a parental questionnaire and then a questionnaire that parents help their children complete using the Ofsted 20 questions format. We find it quite useful as supplementary evidence for obtaining the children's voice and parental feedback suggests that they find it useful to find out what their children like/dislike about coming to our setting.

I have uploaded it here as a pdf (hopefully :o)

Children__s_questionnaire.pdf

Thank you so much for that Sue, have been looking for the 20 questions thing for ages, no idea where I saved it! Like these questions, hopefully parents will sit quietly with their children and go through them and give us some really good feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)