Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nice Day.......

I had one of those 'warm fuzzy moments' today................. a little one who has spent several weeks screaming at us on arrival arrived today with a big warm smile, settled in very quickly and, at snack time, turned round to me with a smile that would melt solid iron bars, then said ' I love you' to me. I said 'thankyou x, that's a really lovely thing to know'......and he said 'I do, I really love you'.........it works this childcare thing, doesn't it? After all the tears, all the screaming and ranting....well, it's just lovely! :o

That is so lovely, each time i open up my setting with a cheery smile full of optimism of another beautiful day, i am seldom disappointed by the children, more by my ever growing paperwork pile and the feeling of failure when i am unable to complete all the tasks in a day.

But the special moments like you describe make you realise why we do the job we do.

Thank you for sharing. :o

Edited by bridger

those moments are the ones that make you carry on. Have to say had conversations with young parents today who restored my faith in young parents. they have 4 children but discipline well and do everything by the book, I actually had to say to them relax a bit as you are doing so well. I also had a little girl come in with her special stone for her to remember grandma by during the day when she got sad and that worked wonders as well as a little girl who every morning comes in and has to give me a hug before she goes in the main room, stand and wait until I stopped taking then gave me a big grin after her hug and just walked away smiling.

If only life was that simple :):):)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)