Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where Are These Places?

SueFinanceManager

So I downloaded a new desktop theme thingy and it has these great pictures of places in the UK and although I think one is the lake district I would like to know where they are so please can anyone help.

Here are the pics and to help identify them I will call them;

1 Lake & Tree

2 Frosty stones

3 Yellow flowers, castle & sea

4 Properly brilliant castle

5 Rocks & pink sky

6 Rocky wall and green fields

Sorry no prize or anything it's just I keep looking at these fab pictures and wondered where they are :o

Thanks

Sue x

UK_olwp1__2_.jpg

UK_olwp2__2_.jpg

UK_olwp3__2_.jpg

UK_olwp4__2_.jpg

UK_olwp5__2_.jpg

UK_olwp6__2_.jpg

Hi Sue

I think that the frosty stones are called standing stones and they are somewhere in Powys near the Brecon Beacons and the castle might be Cardiff castle - can't remember how close to the river it is (will have a shuffty on the www in a min and see if I can work it out)

Just looked at Cardiff castle and its more on the square side so - wrong sorrs

Edited by Pimms o'clock?

I think 'Frosty Stones' might be Castlerigg stone circle. After 'googling' stone circles scotland, a photo of castlerigg stone circle cam e and it was the closest to the image you put up, so then googled that and found a photo that I think confirms it.

http://www.freefoto.com/images/102/21/102_...-Circle_web.jpg

See what you think. It's the 2nd and 3rd single stones in from the left of your image that gave me the biggest clue.

Wow Laila, good work there! Some of my intuitive thoughts weren't far out, I had thought Ullswater, but had absolutely nothing to back up that, except a trip there as a child! And I had thought probably one of the Scottish Islands for the last one, Dorset - getting near Devon - oooh clutching at straws now :o

Stones are definitely Castlerigg!

I thought the tree was Coniston, but close!

I thought the rocks and pink sky might be Scarborough, from a 'different' angle? (it's actually rather picturesque with a brilliant castle!)

Later edit - no, now thinking not Scarborough??? but I recognise the white building in the distance!!

And walls and green fields is really bugging me - SURE I've been there - obviously too old and decrepit!!

I think this link may help!

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/robmar/archive/200...theme-pack.aspx

I love Google!!

Well now that is perfect.....you are quite brilliant, many thanks.

I knew I could count on you guys to solve my problem.

Pretty pictures and places I am sure you would agree :o