Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Does Anyone Have A Blog?

not got one other than the mini one on here, but the ones I tend to read all seem to use Blogger .

Not looked into it but there are loads on there like this one ( took it at random from my huge list! ) or on a different topic this one..

most of the ones I read are early years.. but there are lots of others on there..

Learning for life another example.. have even found some by children on there.. but cannot find the link at the moment.. it was pictures by the child and write up by the adult with child's help..

I actually had no idea that was there lol :o:(xD Thank you

I was thinking more of one for the parents that I could add photo's, policies etc etc to and a daily things so they know what the children have been doing :(

not sure how open you would want it to be, if it is for parents and with children's pictures could do with somewhere that needs password access rather than open so the one I suggested would not be suitable.

I'm Childminder not nursery, but I have recently started a Facebook page for my childminding. It's working really well. I use it to share my planning, remind parents of up-coming business, and I really want to put my policies and procedures on it but just haven't worked that out yet. I don't use it for anything sensitive but it does have the benefit of only those invited people being able to view it.

I didn't want to have my planning posted up all over my walls so I use it for sharing that information with parents. I also have asked parents to use it to make comments, recommendations, compliments and complaints. They can either use it like a forum, or use the personal message format. Saves on another piece of stationery getting lost in my house.

I don't post pictures. Scared of the security implications.

If anyone knows how to post documents (like the 'pinned' items on this forum) on Facebook, please tell me.

Be keen to see how you get on.

Cheers,

Honey

I still have the facebook page for letting parents know what we're up to and reminding them about things. I post a link to our (Weebly) website when I've uploaded a newsletter there.

Website has photos and so does the facebook - the latter is pictures of artwork and things like that, former has some children pix, but they are old ones - and I asked the children's permission as they are in their teens now. They are hard to make out as they are small - and are the same ones that I use in the prospectus

Weebly page!! - set up an address some time ago - must hunt that out. I knew there'd be a way to make it work. Thanks Cait.

Mrs Bat, Just because I'm scared of security implications of posting photos does not mean that I think its wrong, just that I don't know how to make it work safely so I haven't.

Cheers,

Honey

I have a blog, mine is here www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com, it's really easy to do. I use blogger, there is also wordpress which alot of people use. One you might want to consider though is Edublogs. On this one you can restrict who can access your blog.

Edited by wheelybug