Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Is An Oohl?

Guest Spiral

Spiral here,

just wondering whether anyone can help me find out what an OOHL is?

I know that our County Council like to abbreviate everything, but it's gone too far. January seems to be audit month and we've been sent a number of them. They ask questions about; Eal, Eya, Sen, Ota, Besd, Ecers, Iters, Pl, Sef, Sacers, Lac, Cl, Aen, Sef, Chin, Senco,Sip and Scag, but I don't know what an Oohl is.....I could write a comedy sketch about this.

Thank heavens I'm not new to the job - I'd really struggle with all of these abbreviations and a lack of clear explanations.

Spiral xD :rolleyes: :oxD:( :( :( :wacko:

SorryI have no idea!

I do think that generally the use of acronyms is getting a bit beyond a joke especially those who are new to the field of early years. I wonder if between us we could start an alphbetical acronym list?!

Of those you list I don't know what SCAG, OTA or CHIN are. xD

Edited to say could OOHL be Out Of Hours Learning?? :o

Edited by Gezabel

Hi Gezabel,

I wish Out of Hours would fit the bill, but unfortunately is doesn't, gosh it has become sooooo silly.

Brilliant idea about having an alphabetical acronym list - as long as they are all the same in every county! Why can't the County Council just write it in plain English?!

Thanks for your reply,

Spiral

Hi Gezabel,

I wish Out of Hours would fit the bill, but unfortunately is doesn't, gosh it has become sooooo silly.

Brilliant idea about having an alphabetical acronym list - as long as they are all the same in every county! Why can't the County Council just write it in plain English?!

Thanks for your reply,

Spiral

Hi Spiral - are you sure.....that's what in means in Kent.......I only know because I spent ages trying to find out last year! :o

Hi there Sunnyday - maybe it's the way it's written or my interpretation then. If it is 'Out of Hours Learning', then this is a perfect example of why they should write it properly!

Thanks for the help,

Spiral

Hi there Sunnyday - maybe it's the way it's written or my interpretation then. If it is 'Out of Hours Learning', then this is a perfect example of why they should write it properly!

I'm curious now to know what context the acronym was used! Any chance you could tell us what the sentence is? :o

Can't help you with OOHL Spiral, but I've mentioned on here before my adversion to acronyms and how its now a standing joke in my family to shorten everthing to one. One my latest is the one I've devised for the school reunion I'm organising. its the steering commitee for the reunion of old mates or S.C.R.O.T.O.M for short! Causes a few eyebrows to be raised when I announce our next meeting on facebook

Defo "out of hours learning" in Kent - the minute I saw it written on a NOV (note of visit) from EYFSC (Early Years Foundation Stage Consultant) I emailed to asked. It is referring to breakfast club, after school and holiday clubs anything outside of the normal school day/term

I'm fed up of scratching my head and racking my little brain everytime they throw in a new one! :o

Edited by Pimms o'clock?

Thank you all for your help. I really can't believe that our County Councils are so oblivious to the confusion they cause! This is certainly a thread they could do with reading.

Is there a breakdown list that anyone can share?

Thank you all,

Spiral :o:(xD:(