Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Are You Doing?

I don't seem to have as much "homework" this year as I did last year........

What is everyone else doing?

So far I have:

Updated policies

updated the children's name cards with days attending

updated registers and daily tick lists

updated daily health and safety check list

Brought my key children's learning journeys up to date

written shared care reports ready to send in the new year

Still to do:

Invoices

newsletter

going through operational plan

re-doing staff photo's

I'm sure there is something/s obvious I've missed?????? :o

Really want to try and get it all done before Christmas day

Mind you I also have a 3000 word essay to do too xD

2 x 3,500 word essays to finish modules to start EYPS in Jan. Newsletter and finish preparing for overdue Ofsted visit which is bound to happen the 1st week back. But I have put my Uni books and work bag away and making myself have a week off - 27th will start tackling the essays!!

Very jealous Gezabel,

I will be updating registers, preparing induction packs for newbies, typing spring reports with next steps, preparing weekly planning, writing spring newsletter, looking at SEF, updating risk assessments, writing a couple of new policies, doing invoices for the new term, preparing child review paperwork, planning staff observations and somewhere in between enjoying christmas!!

Playing with my 13 month old daughter - and surfing whilst she naps :o Made a point of doing almost all my work before I broke up - have only about an hours worth left to do, so making the most of being a full-time mummy for a change :D

Nothing!! No keychildren myself, will do registers & invoices on first day back (we always have our first day back 9-3 with no children to enable us to sort & clean Only one new starter and already have his paperwork ) Have updated policies already so am doing nothing this holiday. Worked so many extra hours before we finished they already owe me loads anyway!!

Quite frankly after hearing that a local group (who I know are breaking the rules badly over funding and our LA knows) got an outstanding from Ofsted and the things that another group have managed to get away with not doing whilst constantly being graded as good I'm not inclined to do any extra paper work anymore.

I agree lynned55, after seeing what the childrens centres in my home town get away with not doing and still getting outstanding I do wonder if it is not a level playing field for us in the private sector. However I WILL get that outstanding eventually just to show that I can and then maybe I'll stop bothering to put so much of me into my work.

Quite frankly after hearing that a local group (who I know are breaking the rules badly over funding and our LA knows) got an outstanding from Ofsted and the things that another group have managed to get away with not doing whilst constantly being graded as good I'm not inclined to do any extra paper work anymore.

Funny you should say that.......

I was lucky enough to get a look at a Learning Journey from a local group - well :o I was 'horrified' - so many basic errors - including the child's name spelled incorrectly......content in general would tell you absolutely nothing about the child......I could go on......

So, anyway, my 'to do' list.......review risk assessments, starter packs for two newbies, new register, summative assessments for my Key Children......there's probably more - don't really want to think about it! :(xD

None of the above will happen before Christmas......this is 'family time' as far as I'm concerned! :(

Edited by sunnyday