Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Premises!

Oh my, I am so excited! Think we may have found new premises to move our pre-school into and expand to a day nursery! After looking for 10 months and getting soooo many knock backs, this might be it! They aren't offering us quite as long a lease as we would like, but am hoping this is negotiable, plus I am hoping that the lease will then be extended yearly. The building has been standing empty for so long can't imagine they'll suddenly find a use for it.

Going to have a look on Thursday, not sure if I can wait until then. Doubt I will get any sleep as I lie awake imaging what our new nursery will be like. What a way to celebrate our 25th year of pre-school!!!!!

Thats great news Laura will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am speaking as someone who has just moved our pre-school to a new building only this weekend!!! Was an incredible amount of planning and work, but my goodness it was worth it. I can't wait to get the children back in the new year now. We are still on the school site but have moved form a very small room to a whole Elliot hut!! The only thing is, it consumed my every thought for the last month and it is now weird not to have to worry about it(gosh that makes me sound like a saddo) Anyway keep us posted of how it develops for you. :o

Guest terrydoo73

Want to wish you all the best. We are waiting at present for all the legal stuff to go through before we can take possession. It is an old school which is next door to the present new school. There are 3 rooms and a large gym in this and we have earmarked one of the rooms for our preschool and one of the others for afterschools club. We are hoping to use the third for storage for both groups but have to do some modifcations to the toilet and kitchen areas. We have managed to secure funding towards altering the present car park and providing fencing with the necessary modifications internally too. Only one problem - when our registering authority will be called in they will delay the whole process. In our present situation it took one and half years to be registered! We are hoping to be in by next September but cannot see it happening somehow! I would prefer to be moving during the summer rather than mid term or at Christmas but we will have to wait and see what happens!

Oh gosh I am so excited. They are just perfect. We were shown around all 4 bungalows that are empty. It's a complex of 6 bungalows and they are enormous as were used to house young adults with learning disabilities, so it has a community feel to it. There is a huge courtyard garden perfect for the babies and a large garden out the back for the bigger children. Have got to wait until the new year to start 'talks'. Eeeek!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)