Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Eyfs 'short' Consultation

Steve

Stop - don't go home for Christmas!

Nursery World has just reported that a further 'short' consultation will be issued (probably next week) after your responses to the EYFS consultation earlier this year.

The new consultation, according to NW, 'will look at specific aspects of the revised framework, and will be published alongside the Government's official response to the EYFS consultation'.

So, not time to relax yet then! :o

Yet again a consultation outside of term time..... co-incidence!?

Nona

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it out on the 25th to be completed by the 26th!!! I suppose at least it will give us a glimmer as to what way they are going

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

Honestly some of these posts are so cynical - surely the government are desperate for our informed opinion and are only putting out the consultation over a holiday period to make sure that we can give it our undivided attention - after all what else is there to do over the Xmas break :oxD:( :( :(

oooh goodey, a consultaion on a consultation, before we have seen the results of the last consultation.....it feels like the revised EYFS is turning into a money making exercise for someone out there.

However, despite my cynicism, I will keep an eye out for it and will respond and would urge all of you to do the same.

Its important that our views are taken into account, so respond we must, holidays or not!!

Just followed a link from Nursery World and saw this :oxD

The EYFS sets legal requirements for all early years providers on the Early Years Register, as well as independent and maintained and non-maintained special schools with provision for children from the age of three to the end of the academic year in which they turn 5.

THe red bit is my emphasis but does this mean there is no 'official' guidance for our under 3's??

Just followed a link from Nursery World and saw this :oxD

The EYFS sets legal requirements for all early years providers on the Early Years Register, as well as independent and maintained and non-maintained special schools with provision for children from the age of three to the end of the academic year in which they turn 5.

THe red bit is my emphasis but does this mean there is no 'official' guidance for our under 3's??

Oh! replying to myself but i think i misread it! Maybe our little ones are included and the 'from the age of 3' only applies to independent/maintained/ special schools who only take chidlren from the age of 3

You might also like a link to the Government's response to the consultation. Find it here - quite a long document breaking down how you responded to the proposals, and the government's views on those responses - also which bits are not yet decided and why they are continuing with a further short consultation.

need time to download and read the thing...

had a quick glance at the overview bit.. how they expect to have responses from everyone, including parents is beyond me.. takes me all my time to understand the jargon - how many parents have the time for all this.. or in fact even know about it..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)