Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Xmas Party

hi this is the first xmas party i have organized so i was wondering how everyone else did them?

we wanted to do a party for all the children 46 but as we are only registered for 26 per session we are not classing the party as a session and parents have to stay with them does this sound about right? thanks

hi this is the first xmas party i have organized so i was wondering how everyone else did them?

we wanted to do a party for all the children 46 but as we are only registered for 26 per session we are not classing the party as a session and parents have to stay with them does this sound about right? thanks

we don't have that problem as we have low numbers this year but in my previous place we still had one party for all the children but all staff were present that day so ratios were correct, to be honest it was never queried by supervisors or parents or authorities so i assume it is allowed as a special event , might be worhth checking tho unless someone wiser knows :o

We hold the party in session time. Same numbers as you (more or less)

We used to ask parents to stay - but to be honest we find it easier without them there :oxD:(

Therefore we now inform ofsted of our plans for a 'one off event' day. We fully risk assess and sent a copy to ofsted. They have always been happy (so far!) with this. We ensure our ratios are still correct - acutally usually well over, and we have only 2-3 parent helpers that deal with the 'catering side' of the party.

xxx

Guest youngrisers

hi there. we hold our party off site with all staff attending and some parents who wish to come and assist in our local hall. makes life easier all round. The children love seeing one another and we share the tasks like entertaining and feeding all 48 children. Father Christmas makes an appearance every year as by magic and remembers every child too!so special and so perfect to end the term.have a special party and enjoy.....

may also be worth a call to insurance company as well, so long as you let them know we never had a problem with them saying Ok

we too only had a couple of parent helpers, usually one or two who asked to help as we found it so much easier with just children and staff, with all staff in we were always well in ratio..

we have also done the offsite way too, no hassles private party with invites..

We officially close for christmas the day before our childrens party so it effectively becomes a private event. We hold one am and one pm and the parents only attend for the last bit when santa visits.

We always have two parties one for the morning and one for the afternoon children.

That way we stay within our ratios.We dont ask parents to help but do ask them to contribute some party food.

We usually invite them to come for the last half hour as Father Christmas comes to visit.

Have fun

Biker.