Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Large Rubber Stamps

We have had a set of large rubber stamps for years! They are possibly as big as 3" square and have simple Christmas pictures on. Every year I have used them to hand make the cards we give to the children. One stamp per card on black card, coloured in with metallic pens. Simple, effective and a really therapeutic thing to do in the evening xD

Last year they were a bit dodgy and I had to guess the edges on a lot of them :D

This year is even worse as I can't find them :o

No problem I thought, we're due another set, I'll buy some.

Now you may know I am a dab hand at googling but I can't find anything like them :'(

I found a site that does some similarish but they are the ones on a sheet that you peel off and attach to a block to use and I suspect they won't last long.

Please please does anyone know what I mean and where I can get them?

I think you mean the ones that have been around since teaching began...which gave you an outline of the picture?

But I cannot for the life of me recall the name of the maker

Every school in London had them I know that.

Cx

And up here catma in fact I expect every school in the country had them. They may even be antiques now! I have tried to find them as they used to have them in catalogues like Hope and Yorkshire Purchasing but no luck so far.

Range sellsl all types of printing stampers for card makers, but they are very expensive.

Well I know my teachers used them in the 60's in Cornwall and then I used them in the 80's in London!!!

There was one with a nativity scene, one with a christmas tree and one with 2 bells I think (+ others which I can't remember!)!!

Oh those were the days with no computers and just an ink pad and your creativity!!!

Cx

They're not quite that old as our pre-school didn't open until the 90's I don't think!

Good news though - I found them! I have a nasty migraine right now, but when I feel better I'll post a picture of them - I think they're fab for card making :D

Thanks for all the help everyone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)