Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Did You Remember To Put Your Clocks Back?

mundia

Well in case you didn't, then go and do it now..put them back one hour and start to enjoy those long dark evenings......

If your forum clock isn't keeping up, then go to my fsf page then scroll down to find board settings, then check the box that says something like correct DST?

Anyone like to share what they did with their extra hour..in my case it was sleep!

Given the time you still posted this mundia, I don't think you were being too self indulgent with your lie in!

I myself am still lying in - a wife and two dogs glancing out at the rain every now and then and deciding there's not much point in getting up. Might turn out to be a duvet day...

Guest ChunkyMan

I have 2 young boys so got up at the usual time of 7:30 which was 6:30!!!! It's going to be a long day!!!

Oh well there's always lots to do....... :o

Given the time you still posted this mundia, I don't think you were being too self indulgent with your lie in!

Like devondaisy, my chickens wouldn't agree with you. I even had to give them meal worms to make up for my tardiness!

Ah - well as the irritable owner of three non-laying chickens at the moment I have to say I've adopted the lazy persons guide to chicken keeping and my chickens get out at 7am in the morning courtesy of an electronic door. So duvet days aren't a problem.

Although sadly other routines imposed themselves and I'm up and about now!

It's 'all happening' in the sunnyday household.......sitting room is having a complete 'makeover' including a new fireplace for a woodburner - woohoo - I have been wanting one for years - my 'nagging' has finally paid off.......'tis all pretty 'awful' at the moment - ceiling has been removed - it was quite 'marked' from an old leak and was artexed (yuck) - currently Mr S and no.1 son are re-boarding it.......old grotty stone fireplace has been removed and 'hole' (not sure what the correct term is!) has been made bigger to accomodate the new wood- burner - Mr S will begin building the new fireplace tomorrow........so no 'lie in' here - I was able to start 'cracking the whip' a whole hour earlier! :o

They've always been a bit slack mundia. Comes from hatching them ourselves I guess. And as the days shorten they peter out and stop laying altogether, which this year they've managed to do from about mid september. They are three and a half years old though. And one's a cockerel so you can't really blame him...

Sunnyday, you won't regret a woodburner. We've had one for years - one of my favourite things!

It's 'all happening' in the sunnyday household.......sitting room is having a complete 'makeover' including a new fireplace for a woodburner - woohoo - I have been wanting one for years - my 'nagging' has finally paid off.......'tis all pretty 'awful' at the moment - ceiling has been removed - it was quite 'marked' from an old leak and was artexed (yuck) - currently Mr S and no.1 son are re-boarding it.......old grotty stone fireplace has been removed and 'hole' (not sure what the correct term is!) has been made bigger to accomodate the new wood- burner - Mr S will begin building the new fireplace tomorrow........so no 'lie in' here - I was able to start 'cracking the whip' a whole hour earlier! :o

We did this in the summer. Well when I say 'did' what i mean is 'attempted to'!. Having looked at the chimney; unbricked the fireplace (which had been bricked up at some point); asked the neighbours who had been around when the house was built; we finally discovered that the chimney isn't actually where the fireplace is (by some quirk of previous alterations) and so inserting a woodburner wasn't actually possible, without virtually rebuilding the whole of that side of the house. Yup, dead miffed, but at least we do have a beautiful bamboo floor. So much more practical than carpet!

Steve, we were amazed our ex batts laid all through winter last year, the only time they slow down is when they moult which they have just done. Mind you they are extremely well fed!

We did this in the summer. Well when I say 'did' what i mean is 'attempted to'!. Having looked at the chimney; unbricked the fireplace (which had been bricked up at some point); asked the neighbours who had been around when the house was built; we finally discovered that the chimney isn't actually where the fireplace is (by some quirk of previous alterations) and so inserting a woodburner wasn't actually possible, without virtually rebuilding the whole of that side of the house. Yup, dead miffed, but at least we do have a beautiful bamboo floor. So much more practical than carpet!

Oh no! :o

Floor sounds very special though! xD

I was drinking cocktails at around the time the clocks changed. :o

I got home about 4am, youngest son was home at about 3.30am and oldest arrived in at 11.30am.

I have no idea what time we really arrived home though.

Clocks went back 'in my head', but haven't changed the clocks around the house yet. Might keep a few at the later time and trick all the kids at bedtime. xD (luckily they don't wear the numerous watches I've bought them over the years so I might get away with sending them to bed an hour early :o )

At least the clock in my car is now showing the correct time, it's been an hour wrong since the last change. :(

Peggy

All but 1 clock is back an hour. Although my 'body clock' was highly confused and still is, woke up at 5:45am (6,15am) thinking it was time to get up! Now to me this body clock says its just leaving 10:30pm.

I am sure it will sort itself soon.