Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Electronic Registers

Hi all,

Is anyone out there using an electronic registering system? I'm wanting to replace our paper ones with a quicker electronic version. What I want to do is have a way of registering children as they arrive by tapping their name (or something) on a touch screen and then tapping their name again when they leave - I want this to log what time they arrive and leave - I would also need to be able to take the pad with me if we had to evacuate the building ... any ideas anyone (or have I just invented an app for the ipad? - if I have just invented it, who might make it for me?)

Thanks friends

pw x

There is an electronic register app for the iPad. Its called - originally - the Attendance Register. Not sure whether it does timed entries though. However it is free so you could always try it...

ooh, I shall have a look. I'm at the beginning of my search - want to be sure that having remote registers doesn't contravene DP rules etc. I know school use swipe cards and that might work too.

This all came about when the register fell off the shelf today and all the sheets of paper went everywhere and I thought ' there has to be a tidier way!'

Sadly disappointed that I haven't invented it tho!

Ho hum, I'll cancel my appearance on Dragons Den!

Thanks Maz

pw x

Don't get too excited, PW - there are three apps that I could find for the iPad and none of them seems to do what you describe. So maybe there is a niche in the market for you to corner?

Maybe The Librarian could diversify into iPhone/iPad apps? If so I'd quite like an FSF app please...!

Sounds like a fab idea but not sure I'd be happy using this system only. If the children are signing themselves in and out there's chance for error. I wouldn't want to trust this in an emergency like a fire... other than that tho, I love it!