Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Report

Hi

I was just wondering if you do a transition report for children going in to a nursery?

I have two three year olds who will start in nursery for the funded place from the autumn and was wondering what you would put in to the report and if you have done one in the past, how was it received?

Thanks

Hx

i would ask your LA what they use - we have transition docs ( to use as guide ) to give an overall judgement on the 6 areas of learning and appropriate age development bands attached that the child is at. :o

Hi,

I have sent nurseries summative forms which have the 6 areas of learning listed and I insert the stage of learning the child is on, as it doesn't give much information i add a short note about the child's progress too.

Annezoo

welcome annezoo and congratulations on becoming a member!!

As a Preschool we don't generally get transition reports from childminders but we do create them when children move to 'state' nurseries and school.

ours This is ours that goes to school. For Nursery we do a broader 'personality sketch' which covers the 6 areas, rather than the discrete blocks themselves.

Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jane707

I write a short document which talks about the child's achievements and ideas for planning next steps. I ask parents for a comment and children contribute. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)