Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Does This Work Then?

narnia

:o Had a phone call today from the NEG admin lady. She was calling because a parent who removed her child from us at the end of the spring term has complained that I am charging her for the hours her child had OVER the 165 he was entitled to.( she removed him because I gave her a bill for the child's hours) This is the parent who told me her child didn't attend for one of the days he was attending each week!Anyway, the admin lady says because the parent has complained, she has a duty to look into it......................but, although I am happy to co-operate with them ( I have nothing to hide, and the parent owes us almost £180), my question is WHAT has it got to do with the NEG bods?Surely this is between the parent and I ??

Perhaps she just needs to check that you aren't charging for what should be a free entitlement. As you say, nothing to hide and you'll have the backing of NEG to chase her when she realises you were right!

Does sound odd Narnia, if she has told them it is for hours over the entitlement, I can't think why they would get involved unless she has intimated that she thinks this isn't really the case, that she thinks he hasn't done that many hours with you. What chance is there that you will get your £180 from her?

She knows very well he's done the hours...........I sat down with her and went through the register, so she could see exactly how I had got to the amount. On average, he was doing 30 hours a week, so double his neg hours. She knows this and I suspect just doesn't want to pay........this has been going on since february, and I have billed her every month, every month she banged the bills back at me, saying it wasn't right, that's why I sat her down to look at the register entries. I am annoyed that the LEA is involving themselves, but of course I see that they have to check she isn't being charged for free entitlement, so i went over it all with her as well. I wouldn't mind so much, but this is one of those parents that we bent overbackwards to help out when she needed it, and did extras to help her get to job interviews etc. ah well, lets see what the rest of the week brings

Its always those that you try so hard to help!!

If a bill is not paid at the end of a term narnia we remove the paid sessions so that it does not accumulate. It usually does the trick.We do not remove their entitlement.

We have always found the NEG people very helpful and on our side so Im sure you will be fine.

Good luck let us know how it goes.

Andrea

Edited by Andreamay

We were recently audited by our NEG people because I'd put the name of a child who in the end dint come. I thought that was why but it turned out the city are auditing all 500 settings, maybe your EY dept. are doing the same?

You could use this to your advantage. Let them look at your registers and records and then they will be an independent body who will be able to tell this woman that she owes you money, not the other way round.

I've got my fingers crossed that you get your money back :o

our LA calculate the 'difference' at the end of the term -when we have the payment breakdown it shows which children have done which hours, then shows what NEG you have received and what is 'outstanding'.

i think that as a complaint has been made -then they have to look into it, just go over your figures and make sure its all been calculated correctly

your registers show the childs attendence , so id try not to worry -hard i know !

• 2 months later...

Thought you'd like an update on this: the LEA have checked my register entries etc and find in my favour, so the parent has been sent a letter, explaining that LEA has closed the file now that they are reassured that my end of things is correct. So, I sent a letter to parent with reminder of money owing, £176, and she has sent me a cheque, for 'what she believes she owes me'..............................£35!!!!!! That's it, she says she now doesn't wish to hear from me in any way again. So, here we go, I sent her an acknowledgement, to say I had received her cheque, but will not cash it yet, sisnce i don't want any misunderstanding that I am accepting it as full and final payment, I said I am happy to accept it as an instalment against what she owes. Sent this letter recorded delivery, and guess what?? She has refused to accept the letter! Now where do I go???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)