Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Glen

hi

I hope you will all share my joy

After waiting (One year overdue) they arrived last week

She was a truly lovely lady who put everyone at ease and the children were on first name terms with her.

We got OUTSTANDING and I and my staff team are over the moon.

Now it is official and everyone knows.

I have to say that those who know how hard we work, including past parents have been lovely.

Have other people found this though. Lots of parents just take it for granted, don't know why we are excited.

My husband says I expect too much, its human nature etc.

Part of me thinks I am being a bit silly to feel this way but i do feel a bit let down.

Perhaps it si just the end of an emotional week

Would value your coments

hi

I hope you will all share my joy

After waiting (One year overdue) they arrived last week

She was a truly lovely lady who put everyone at ease and the children were on first name terms with her.

We got OUTSTANDING and I and my staff team are over the moon.

Now it is official and everyone knows.

I have to say that those who know how hard we work, including past parents have been lovely.

Have other people found this though. Lots of parents just take it for granted, don't know why we are excited.

My husband says I expect too much, its human nature etc.

Part of me thinks I am being a bit silly to feel this way but i do feel a bit let down.

Perhaps it si just the end of an emotional week

Would value your coments

WOOHOO!!!! Many Congratulations!!

I think it's a perfectly "normal" post-Ofsted reaction :o

Many parents have little understanding of what's involved, the stress that the mere mention of Ofsted generates and the pressure that we all put ourselves under to achieve (and maintain!) our Outstanding grading.....

just know that those on here truly understand and are sharing your joy on your achievement and celebrations!!

Nona

Many parents have little understanding of what's involved, the stress that the mere mention of Ofsted generates and the pressure that we all put ourselves under to achieve (and maintain!) our Outstanding grading.....

just know that those on here truly understand and are sharing your joy on your achievement and celebrations!!

Nona

Couldn't have put it better myself! xD

Some of my parents said things like "well, it was never in doubt was it", "wouldn't have expected anything less", "don't know why you would have been worried"......no idea really, have they! :(:( I suppose those sorts of comments and the reaction from your parents are really in a slightly odd way very complimentary and show that we present a 'professional' exterior even if we are worried/anxious/stressed inside! :(

Anyway, be proud - we all understand!!!

Many, many congratulations!

Whoops - having re-read this I realised that I have made it sound as though we also got 'outstanding' - we didn't - we got Good with 4 Outstanding elements! :o

I also failed to mention the parents who were clearly delighted for us and some who gave us cards with some truly lovely sentiments.....

Edited by sunnyday

Couldn't have put it better myself! :(

Some of my parents said things like "well, it was never in doubt was it", "wouldn't have expected anything less", "don't know why you would have been worried"......no idea really, have they! :rolleyes: :( I suppose those sorts of comments and the reaction from your parents are really in a slightly odd way very complimentary and show that we present a 'professional' exterior even if we are worried/anxious/stressed inside! :wacko:

Anyway, be proud - we all understand!!!

Many, many congratulations!

Whoops - having re-read this I realised that I have made it sound as though we also got 'outstanding' - we didn't - we got Good with 4 Outstanding elements! :(

I also failed to mention the parents who were clearly delighted for us and some who gave us cards with some truly lovely sentiments.....

xD now I've re-read my post and realised I made it sound as though the only people who stress are the ones who get Outstanding :o SORRY!!!!!

How insulting of me - albeit unintentionally xD

Proof indeed that the mere mention of Ofsted turns my brain to mush!

Nona

Oh thank you words of wisdom thats what I needed

I know you are all right.

It's friday night, a couple of glasses of wine and a bit of a relax and I will be fine

Back to normal on monday

Thanks everyone

Congratulations. :oxD

I drove past a local primary the other day and saw they'd put banners along the fence proclaiming their Outstanding to the world. I was really chuffed for them even though I dont know them, but if I hadnt known anything about the whole Ofsted process I probably wouldnt have thought anything of it.

Hope the wine helped. :(