Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enviromental Health

We are a Pre-School who rent a classroom within a local primary school, the school is obviously registered with enviromental health and all our fridges etc are kept in the school kitchen. Do we need to register seperatly or are we covered under the school? We only provide snack for the children.

Kris

really unsure about that one.. think it may be a case of registering as you are using different area to prepare snack etc to the school...

we were told if you even give just a glass of water we had to register ... wasn't hard all we did was answer some questions as to what we provided and how things were stored and return it to them.. we never heard anything back at all...they wee all too busy with the bigger establishments..

If you are in a school building and not linked to them and are a seperate business you must register. The environmental health staff are brilliant, not scary and very supportive. Give them a call and they will send you a pack to look at which is very informative. They may not visit all settings due to the nature of the job as its vast - but its good to register and get valid information you need. If they do visit they are helpful and friendly.

We are school club in a school and have been open since 2000. Just been told that we are not covered by school and that we have to register. They are sending out the forms now. Inge is right even if you only do fruit and biscuit you have to be registered.

was sent this by someone the other day.. check the hygiene rating of places you may eat...

FSA eating out? check for ratings...

had to have a look - all the ones I use locally were 4 or 5.. but did show me where not to eat!! and interestingly one fast food place with 3 establishments here had one at 2 another at 3 and the last one was 5... the preschools etc were also on there..

I've just tried the link Inge but it doesnt have anything under my postcode and for Birmingham it only has a few and they're miles away.

when I put in my area it gives 61 pages of info... nursing homes, guest houses, hotels, preschools and nurseries, schools, restaurants, everything is on there - some just say waiting to be inspected but majority are done... wonder if it up to local authority to put them in or submit them for the site?