Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wedding Venue Ideas

Gezabel

Just thought you clever lot may come up with some different ideas!

We are planning to get married next year. It will be a VERY small affair. We would both like something simple and 'different' but not way out :o

The total number of guests will be 12!!!!

Not concerned about whether here or abroad, not concerned about religious ceremony but needs to be 'UK legal'

Tired of looking and drawing a blank.

Someone suggested taking over a capsule on the London eye !!! any other 'different' ideas would be very welcome!

Someone I know knew someone who chartered a "party" boat, got married on there and then the breakfast and reception was on there too, whilst it was all happening the boat was sailing up and down the Thames?

I do like the idea of a hot air balloon though, sounds lovely!

They do weddings on our pier... in a tower room ..which has a bridal room above it, for last minute preparations. This semi-circular venue has views over the bay.

but can be a bit busy on there.... as it is also an 'amusement park'

Edited by Inge

Oh Gezabel this is such exciting news - many congratulations! I can't think of anywhere exciting to get married but I'll mull it over. Just wanted to send you my love, tis all!

Mx

Aw thank you for you lovely messages :o

When I really stop to think about it all I can't explain quite how I feel.

The nearest I can get is to when I was a little girl lying in bed waiting (and hoping!) for Father Christmas to come, the utter excitement that you can't quite put into words!

At the moment we have had to rethink the date! It was going to be June 23rd which is (well would have been) my mums birthday and my other half's Dad's birthday. Sadly my 'boy in blue' is involved in policing the Olympics and is not allowed any leave :(

When we have re-chosen the date we will get back to thinking about 'where'

Nice ideas so far.. keep em coming xD

Buckingham Palace gardens, the Queen goes away in the summer and the gardens are open to the public. Stunning backdrop for the photos.

Madam Tussauds, great guest photos!

Grenwich Observatory

Westminster Abbey

The Olympic stadium, Wembley or Twickenham.

On top of Snowdon with wedding feast in the cafe, might need a kagoul over your frock!

I think BA used to do flights around the coast of Britain

Cross channel ferry, ask the captain.

Oh I'm excited for you now, so many choices :o

Do i take it you are London based? if so there are loads of options ...am i in the right area??(before i start spouting off!)

Live in Suffolk so only an hour away by train. In fact the train time is getting quicker. Last week it was 42 minutes!!