Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Red Book

Hi everyone,

So at two courses in the same number of weeks 'The Red Book' has been mentioned.

I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't know what they were talking about as everyone seemed to understand what was going on!

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks in advance

An embarrassed Chickpea xx

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Could it be the red book that parents are issued with by the health visitor/midwife after the birth of a baby. Holds all the infanct records- weight, immunisations etc.

Of course when I had mine they were yellow.....

The books that is - not the babies :o

Edited by Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Hi everyone,

So at two courses in the same number of weeks 'The Red Book' has been mentioned.

I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't know what they were talking about as everyone seemed to understand what was going on!

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks in advance

An embarrassed Chickpea xx

Hello , the Red Book I think will be the book given to all mothers at the birth of their child. It has in it all weights and measures from birth and all immunisation records e.t.c :o

Thank you!!!!

Was worried it was yet another new initiative / document I had missed.

Makes perfect sense now xx

i agree it will be the book given to record children's information and progress since birth.

I wouldn't be embarrassed about it.. unless you have had children there is no real reason to know.. and even then I had no idea about them for a long time...

seems it is a phrase everyone expects you to know but unless told no real reason to know!

I didn't have any book when my son was born, just a bit of paper with it on.. !! and a folded piece of card.. !!

There has been some 'talk' recently about early years settings being involved in helping to support completion of checks within the 'red book'. I'm afraid I can't locate any specifics, but I'm sure I read it 'somewhere' - probably Nursery World.

There has been some 'talk' recently about early years settings being involved in helping to support completion of checks within the 'red book'. I'm afraid I can't locate any specifics, but I'm sure I read it 'somewhere' - probably Nursery World.

wasnt this mentioned in the tickell review?

Yes it was in the tickell review something about improving working in partnership with outside agencies.

I think all areas have 'the book' but the colour may vary, we have the 'yellow book' and some who are new to the area have a red one!

It's in connection to the Tickell proposal that early development checks (2 or 2 and 1/2 -can't recall) are recorded in the red book as a record that can be shared with education staff as well as health.

Cx

So we have to be health visitors now as well as everything else!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)