Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! My Topic Has Moved!

Beau

I just wanted to bring to your attention the fact that over the next few days I will be having a bit of a tidy up in the forum.

I generally use the 'Todays Active Topics' button and don't pay a lot of attention to which areas the various threads are in. However, I've noticed quite a few 'misplaced' topics of late and thought it was high time to move some into more appropriate areas. Please bear with me, I'm a little OCD about these sorts of things! :o

If you find any of your topics moved at all, please don't worry and think you've done something wrong. I know that it can be a little confusing to navigate round the forum and often its hard to decide where exactly a topic 'best' fits. If I move one of your topics and you think it would be better placed elsewhere let me know and I can easily shift it there. Similarly, if you ever post a topic and realise that its not in the right place, give one of us moderators a shout and we'll happily sort it out for you. :(

Also, if you're confused about what the various areas of the forum are for, please feel free to ask and we'll do our best to explain. xD

Is there somewhere where we could find out who the moderators are?

those who have been on a lot know who they are but new members or occasional users may not...

cannot remember seeing anywhere that tells us?but then I may not be looking in the right place.

not on my page.... is it hidden behind one of the others...

need directions... just tried lots of them and only way I can get them is via members list and then there are 2 choices which give different names

must be having a senior moment

Inge, on my page, where it says forum statistics, I have 'Todays Active Topics' followed by the 'Moderating Team'. So you don't get that on your view? I wonder why that is, although I cant explain, Im sure on of the teccy experts will come our way n due course.

Inge, on my page, where it says forum statistics, I have 'Todays Active Topics' followed by the 'Moderating Team'. So you don't get that on your view? I wonder why that is, although I cant explain, Im sure on of the teccy experts will come our way n due course.

dont have forum statistic or 'Todays active Topics'.. so losing the moderating team is expected I suppose

beginning to feel I am losing it now, even tried changing the skin.. nope not there..

dont have forum statistic or 'Todays active Topics'.. so losing the moderating team is expected I suppose

beginning to feel I am losing it now, even tried changing the skin.. nope not there..

Beau while you are spring cleaning, would you be able to put the Superhero ideas into one of the topic areas, like seasons, farms, night and day? So many lovely ideas have been contributed but can be a pickle to find.

Edited by Panders

It is on the page I see when I click 'Forum Index'. Down towards the bottom... :o

Thank you.. yes..

was not easy to find it.. never even look at that page.. never mind the bottom of it.. wonder how many others never go there either?

Its funny isn't it? There are places in the Forum I never go (like into chat with a hoover for instance) because I have a tab permanently open in my web browser, and use 'view new posts' to see what I need to catch up on.

I sometimes click on 'forum index' to see if anyone's in chat or to find a particlar forum area, but I tend to stop scrolling when I find what I'm looking for. I'm a creature of habit, obviously!

You and me both MAz - that's mainly what I do - unless I lose a thread I know I'd posted in and no-one else has yet -In which case I 'view today's topics' or whatever it's called

Beau while you are spring cleaning, would you be able to put the Superhero ideas into one of the topic areas, like seasons, farms, night and day? So many lovely ideas have been contributed but can be a pickle to find.

I'm sure that can be arranged. I know that its been asked for before but never acted upon. xD

Its funny how we all use the forum in different ways! It never occurred to me to say that I was talking about the Index page as I go there all the time! :o