Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bleach

this came up on our recent H+s course...you need to do a risk assessment , if there is a safer alternative that will do what you want then the recommendation is that you use that but you are able to use bleach as long as your risk assessment and coshh are in place. (i find things are rarely banned by any agency when you look into it!)

Hi

Interested to read finleysmaid's post as on my recent H and S course was told that bleach is banned..... and has been for many many years!!

well we should know by now there is no winning in this job! :o:(xD (i had to take an exam in my course and i did pass....does that help???!!! :( )

We too were told, I was under the impression it wasn't just because of the children it was the staff. We do not use it but I am sure the cleaner does and hes contracted by the hall we rent.

Can't see why we need it there are plenty of cleaning product on the market BUT should at the same time be covered in risk assessments as normal

Common sense again I think!

Sue

Not banned as far as I know, although it should not be used or stored in a food preparation area. Given that Milton does the same job, and yet is safe enough that you can use it to purify drinking water, I am not sure why you would want bleach.

Hmm, I thought it was one of those things you needed all the chemical ingredients listed for emergencies.

I don't know anything about it being banned, our local council's environmental officer didn't mention it on a visit.