Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registration Forms

Hi what kind of information does everyone ask for on there registration form

I do the usual contact details, who can collect, password if an unfamiliar person is collecting, permission for first aid and for taking photos

does anyone do anything different? I was wondering to put something about sharing information about there child to other professionals?

we have a separate sheet for third party information sharing , and explain this to the parents, they can then choose whether to complete this or not , if it's on the registration form they assume it's compulsary and it could put some parents off. Our reg form has all the regular stuff like contact details, doctor/health visitor and immunisations etc, ethnicity and religion, with separate forms for permissions/allergies/medication/passwords etc.

we also ask for

who has parental responsibiltiy for the child

doctor details

any medical / allergies /dietary conditions

any other medical / professional involved with the child

1. also ask for permission to contact any other agencies/professionals that are involved with the child if we have any concerns regarding the child

2.a;so for permission for child to be given emergency medical treatment including blood in the case of an emergency

we ensure the parent signs for 1 and 2 saying they have parental responsibility for the child

hope that helps x

Edited by blondie

ours is in the resource library. a few years old now but was set up for all info asked for when EYFS came in..( did have an Ofsted Insp, give some suggestions on what to ensure was on there.. and things we may find useful)

• 2 weeks later...
Our birth to five service in Lincolnshire have example forms and policies. I based our registration form on theirs.

http://www.birthtofive.org.uk/thewelfarerequirements.aspx

The registration form is under the safeguarding and promoting childrens' welfare link.

What a helpful website with lots of useful ideas for planning as well as forms. I shall definitely be asking why our county doesn't have something like this!

it is essential that you have info on who has parental responsibility

I agree! Not sure where I first heard this but we changed our forms a few months ago to include parental responsibility.

We were inspected in March this year and the OFSTED inspector looked to see if it was there and made a very positive comment when she found it was!!

I agree too. I came a cropper few years back when I found out that the person I thought was the biological father of the child was actually not, and as such had no parental responsibility. My form now asks the question "do you have parental responsibility?" underneath the spaces where the two prime carers' details go and then it asks "does anyone else have parental responsibility" and asks for their details to be supplied.

For me it was a case of 'once bitten, twice shy'. :o