Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Plan For 16 Commitments

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I have been asked to do a long term plan to show how we cover the 16 commitments for our early years department (which ranges from 2 and half year olds to the end of Reception) one sheet of paper per commitment and circular planning. Does anyone else do this. Could you share an example of how you do this? Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I have been asked to do a long term plan to show how we cover the 16 commitments for our early years department (which ranges from 2 and half year olds to the end of Reception) one sheet of paper per commitment and circular planning. Does anyone else do this. Could you share an example of how you do this? Thank you for your help in advance.

For my own understanding do you mean the themes and commitments for example the 4 areas of Enabling Environments etc?

If so than I have a grid which shows how as a setting we meet the themes and commitments of EYFS however I am on my phone at present but happy to upload it once I get home

For my own understanding do you mean the themes and commitments for example the 4 areas of Enabling Environments etc?

If so than I have a grid which shows how as a setting we meet the themes and commitments of EYFS however I am on my phone at present but happy to upload it once I get home

Yes that's right the themes and commitments. I'd love to see the grid please. Do you use this circular planning?

obs_ass_plan_cycle2_1.ppt

Guest pamgreen

PS I am very pleased with my self I have never sent an attachment before in answer to a question before !!!

Both of these resources are great, I particularly like the format of sonia501's 'visual' cycle - thank you, I hope it's alright to use these as a basis for something I'll shortly be working on ?

Edited by Guest

Thanks pamgreen and congratulations! I made a small change 'disassemble' instead of 'dissemble' but it looks great and I've printed it out for staff discussion

and thank you Pamgreen. Very useful and will be able to use your doc as well to organise my policy and evidence folder. Ta x

Thanks for sharing everyone still struggling to put ideas into circular planning sheets been told circular stuff is to do with a holistic child approach ??? but ideas shared really useful thank you.

Yes that's right the themes and commitments. I'd love to see the grid please. Do you use this circular planning?

Sorry Sonia, are you saying your expected to place each commitment onto a format like the one you've uploaded for observation, assesment and planning??? Who's asking? I can see it's a great way of depicting that everything centres around the child and nice format but it's going to take you ages!!!

Could you do it with your team as a kind of brain storming session?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)