Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Corner-mark Making

Hi there everyone

Ive just stayed back at work today and had a great time setting up a home corner....we did have one but have revamped our setting.

I looking for some exciting things to add to it other than the usual, cutlery, plates bed table chair sofa etc. Ive got a wooden tele and printed some pictures and laminated them of mr tumble, african wildlife, chinese dancing etc for chn to put up s though watching tv. I also have a telephone in there with a note pad for messages. I'm going to buy some magazines, newspaper etc. do any of you have any other ideas that could be included into the home corner to give it a fesh look.

ive also thought of putting recipe sheets in for chn to copy and write, possibly invitations and letter paper. Any oter ides would be greatly appreciated

xxxxxxx

Guest lou73

I love the idea of the television with laminated pictures of there favourite programs, think I may pinch that idea. What about some old yellow pages so they can see numbers and write them down in an adress book also maybe a calender for important dates

X

brill idea Lou73, thankyou very very much. Yeah with the tele pics. ive got Mr Tumble and bob good ole fave. the others are wild african animals, diwali festival, ch new yr, diff ethnic groups and some chn in a wheel chair, reading braille etc.

Hi

I bought the children's favourite magazine and cut the familiar characters out such as bob the builder, Balamory cast tweenies Peppa Pig etc. and stuck them in an address book with phone numbers at the side the children love phoning their favourite characters!

Trasong

oh my goodness, thats a really great dea aswell. will get on the case now making that Trasong, thankyou so much

Guest lou73

Wow, great ideas i will definately be using some of these myself. I love it when we work together!!!!

This may mess up other topics you have but could you perhaps introduce cards for a birthday/new baby/get well/christening etc. at different times.

What about a garden catalogue/magazine - same reasons as Argos mentioned above but it's that time of year and might lead you on to another topic.

Holiday brochures so they can discuss as a family (and make a list) of their favourite places to go.

Paint charts/Wickes/B&Q flyers for a bit of a DIY theme?

Hi

I bought the children's favourite magazine and cut the familiar characters out such as bob the builder, Balamory cast tweenies Peppa Pig etc. and stuck them in an address book with phone numbers at the side the children love phoning their favourite characters!

Trasong

Love this idea will give it a go! Thanks

Sue

Wow some great ideas out there. I always have fresh flowers on the window sill and a card photo frame (like those in the school photo packs) - a child has drawn a picture of her mum which I have laminated and put in the frame. Due to lack of space in my home corner I have a laminated list of telephone numbers which is tacked to the wall next to the telephone. Will upload the list when I find it.

Need_help.docdisability.docPRIMUS_CENTRE_TIMETABLE_changes.doctel_msgs.doc

i did have more pics of disability, wildlife and ethnic groups but they are on my laptiop at school, easy to find in google images. hope these help a little xx thanks again all for your help cxxx

Thank you popcorn, this has saved me a huge job I saw the idea and wanted to use it as it was so good, now just to laminate thanks to you :o . Trying hard to get things in order for going back after Easter and finish Foundation Degree, half a week gone already time still flies when your off!!!!

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)