Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Baby Sitting

Might not be totally relevant, but the NCMA do a form especially to cover childminders who baby sit in the child's home. NCMA also cover Nannies too. From memory it's a bit of a tick-list risk assessment along with all the appropriate details and information. The childminder insurance is still valid.

Maybe PSLA have a similar form?

Honey

The link appears to be broken Rea!

I'd be interested to hear how others manage this, I have 2 members of the team who do sitting for parents,,,,,makes me nervous!

We recently wrote a 'babysitting' agreement for the parents - think it basically says its nothing to do with us??

..I'll try and dig one out 2moro..

We are in the process of drawing up a letter for parents about this. We intend to point out the benefits for parents, children and staff but also to state very clearly that the agreements are strictly a private arrangement between the parents and the babysitter. We will be pointing out that we do not take responsibility for the staff member outside of the preschool, and that staff may not always be available. I can see huge benefits for everyone involved and we are lucky that our parents are respectful of our private lives and sensible about making arrangements in general.

I think that it can be great if the children are babysat by people they know well. However, I worry about insurance - the staff members do not have public liability insurance and so would be personally liable for all sorts of issues.

Morton Michel do a nanny/babysitting insurance too.

• 1 month later...

"We recently wrote a 'babysitting' agreement for the parents - think it basically says its nothing to do with us??

..I'll try and dig one out 2moro.. "

Clare would it be possible to look at this agreement ? Many thanks

Edited by Guest

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am an assistent in a preschool and do a lot of babysitting for the parents has nothing to do with the preschool its my own arrangements with the parents who ask me. i ov dnt want to stop babysitting as its good for the children to have someone they know can any one give me some info on what the new eyfs says about babysitting then please???? x x x

• 2 weeks later...